The American Red Cross

So The American Red Cross, is an Organization that provides emergency assistance it's been around since 1881, and I also known some of it personally since I've been a Girl Scout, and been to Headquarters though i can't remember where exactly but anyhow let's learn about The Red Cross that fights to help People through Disasters across America and the World.

(What is The Red Cross?)

The Red Cross also Known as The American Red Cross (ARC), and known as The American National Red Cross.

a non-profit humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief, and disaster preparedness education in the United States. It is the designated US affiliate of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the United States movement to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.

The organization also offers services and development programs.

(Helping Victims of Disaster)

From Its Beginning in 1881 The Basic Aim of The American National Red Cross Involved and served the entire American community with needed peacetime services that could be rapidly Expanded in case of war or other national emergency, it was and remains a Private voluntary organization supported entirely by contributions from the American public.

The Red Cross was Founded On May 21st 1881, 140 years ago now, Largely through the efforts of a Former School Teacher Clara Barton who had witnessed first-hand much of the suffering of The wounded while working for the Government in Washington D.C during the Civil War, This Experience started her thinking about an Organization designed for one Purpose to Help The Need with ever it was war or peace.

The First Official act of the American Red Cross, was to send assistance to victims of fierce forest fires that roared through Michigan in that same year.

First Chartered by Congress in 1900, the Organization must serve all members of the armed forces and their families and Veterans, it must also support disaster and relief preparedness programs as well as provide aid carrying out terms of the Geneva Conventions (Rules of the World), between 1906 to 1914.

The Red Cross Established its first aid, Public Health nursing and water safety training Programs, it did not become a nationwide organization until the U.S Entered World War I, when it set up and staffed 58 base hospitals and 47 ambulance companies in Europe to care for the wounded.

Nearly 20,000 nurses were recruited in serve in military establishments while hundreds of volunteers manned canteens provided ambulance service and made surgical dressings,

During World War II, The Red Cross Came to The Aid of more than 75 Million People in 60 Counties, it recruited more than 71,000 registered nurses for military duty and trained 200,000 Nurses Aids to care for Civilian Patients.

The First Nationwide Blood Program was organized 13 million units or pints (More 6 Million), of Blood was Collected from Volunteered donors, after the war The Red Cross established a Program to Provide Blood to Civilians without charge, A Program that continues to Provide nearly half the blood collected each year in the United States, By Today more than 600 chapters and 36 Blood Services regions of the American Red Cross provide assistance and resources to communities and it's Boasted more than 30 million members who contributed $1 or more annually.

(Ending)

And That is the American Red Cross, I Hope you Enjoy Learning about the Organization from where it began and to what it is to today saving lives daily. Thank you for looking into this with me goodbye.