"Do I sense some jealousy, Mrs Mehra?" I teased her.

"What? No! Why would I be jealous?" She said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Mmmhmm, you're right. Why would you be jealous? Not like you like me, right?" By this time I had parked the car in the parking lot of our penthouse.

"N-No" She hesitated and I got the answer which I was looking for but I still decided to play along.

"Really? Then why don't you look into my eyes and say it, Kriti" I whispered as I got closer to her.

Kriti's P.O.V

"...Then why don't you look into my eyes and say it, Kriti." Oh, the way my name rolled out of his lips so smoothly. I wonder how they'd feel on mine.

He's just inches away from me and the tension between the two of us is extremely high. I cannot take it anymore.

"Say it." He whispered and he was so close to me. I could literally feel his breath on my lips.

I closed my eyes in order to control myself and when I opened them again, after a moment, he was back to his normal position. He wasn't looking at me, infact he was staring at the windscreen.

"Come on, let's go upstairs." He said, still not looking at me.

He opened his door and got out and so did I. We walked towards the lift and each step was like a test. A test for me. I cannot control my feelings anymore. I'm trying so hard.

The tension between us in the elevator was on the peak but somehow we reached home and I straight up went to my room.

After closing the door, I rested my back on it and let out a long breath. I stood in that position for a few minutes and then my phone pinged. The notification said,

@natasastankovic mentioned you in their story.

I clicked on it in order to divert my attention which, luckily, happened.

Natasha had posted our photos on her story and soon enough, I was scrolling through the photos which we started on our groupchat. I decided to post a few on my story as well.

 I decided to post a few on my story as well

After freshening up and changing into my night suit, I went out to check on him

He was talking to someone on his phone and I assume it is someone work because he was looking quite serious.

Our eyes met while he was talking and he didn't loon away. He kept talking while his eyes stuck on mine. I decided to look away.

I remembered the sushi that I got for him, I went to pick it up and then I kept it on the table near him. He looked at it and then he looked at me.

I then started heading back to my room but he held my hand, not saying anything but talking on the phone. He started to draw circles on the back of my hand during his phone call.

Once the call ended, he sighed and looked at me.

"Kriti...I-"

"I'm gonna go to sleep, Naman. I'm tired. We'll talk tomorrow."

I turned around and started walking to my room. I heard running steps and then I felt his hand grab mine and the other on my waist, turning me around.

He looked right into my eyes and put his hands on my neck and smashed his lips on mine.