By the look on his face my answer was not what he wanted to hear, it was far from it. He sat back against the cold cement his blue eyes were dull and lifeless all emotion had been washed away.

•••

Someone was shaking me awake as my eyes adjusted to the dark, when I turn to see who was awakening me and it was Finnick. He had a worried expression piercing through his eyes as he tried to get me up, oh no, did Peeta get away when I fell asleep? Had I really failed this already?

I quickly got up to see Peeta was still very much here, sound asleep. That can't be right, why have I been woken up? It took a second as I fully awoke but the whispers and snake like noises weren't just in my head. They were real, hisses, like from a pipe but I knew that couldn't be. Then as if a switch went off in my head I realised they were mutts, and they were hunting for us.

They've been sent to find us. They've found out our bodies weren't among the rubble of the apartment they exploded. They've lost their ways of getting us so they've sent mutts.

Katniss shushed everyone, trying to figure out what they could be saying. It was a word, a name, being repeated like a broken music box.

It was her name, and her name only. Katniss.

Blair used to tell me about mutts when we were young, before her games, before Marcus, before mum and dad, before Finnick, before everything. She used to tell me what was told to her or how she saw the patterns in them by observing. She used to tell me how they were out to get you and you only, seek what can't be caught, bring fire to the fun. She used to tell me how people got away from them or how they simply couldn't. She used to tell me why they were as they were and she used to tell me that no matter what she could've done, she couldn't have of saved the ones she lost to them in her game.

Katniss aimed her bow at the Peeta who now began to stir in his sleep. She's contemplating letting the arrow go, but then the boy lurches forwards and whips his head to face her.

"Katniss!" He cried , his eyes bulging from their sunken-in sockets. "Katniss you need to get out of here." Peeta was the one shouting, he looked as if he himself was worried. But not for himself, but for Katniss.

"Why?" She hisses in reply, "what's making that sound?" She questioned, refusing to put her bow down quite yet.

"I don't know, only that it's not going to stop 'til it kills you, Katniss." Peeta reply's. I feel Finnick inching closer, closing the distance, trying to give me more protection from whatever is out there. "Run! Get out! Go!" Peeta repeats once again, trying so hard to get to leave Katniss, to get Katniss to go to safety.

At that moment Katniss finally let her bow string relax, turning to face us once again. "Whatever is out there is after me. It might be a good time to split up."

"But we're your guard," Jackson argues.

"And we're your crew," Cressida adds.

"I'm not leaving you," Gale announces and Finnick nods his head.

"I'm not letting Ash out of my sight," Finnick says firmly, he was now a step in front of me as if he himself, was my protection.

Sort of nudging Finnick out of my way I step forward to face Katniss in a shorter distance. "Look Katniss, I came here to fight with you, not for you. So now if we could hurry up a plan to get the hell out of this shit show," I announce my voice growing stronger as I speak.

After finishing my little rant a clamp on my wrist hauls me back and a male voice whispers in my ear, "enough of that Ashley. I'm here to protect you so don't go off tryna get Katniss over there to shoot you between your eyes. Got it," his words were harsh yet soft, strong yet weak, protective yet joking.