5

𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙢𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢

Mara welcomes me with a tight hug, she always did 5 years ago. It feels like yesterday a 16 year old me was in here thinking this was my last few weeks of my life. Look at me now, thinking the exact same things.

She tells me that I just need to get prepped then she can start working on me, this basically means she want a clean canvas to work on in my head. I get stripped from my clothes, washed, dried, waxed, nails filed and my hair is cut. I always hated when they cut my hair, it was always too short once they cut it but this time they kept it long only taking off the dead ends.

I am then given a paper like robe and am allowed to sit in the same private room as before, not too soon after Mara joins me once again.

She gets to work on me striking up a conversation as she does, "so how have you been since we last met?" She begins, I know that last time we spoke both my sister and father were alive.

"Well it's been good, I got the boy we used to fantasise over while you dressed me in my first games," we both giggled a little at this.

"Well done, you shouldn't let Snow know though. You know how he can be," I nod then look to the floor.

She places her hand on my shoulder, "is something wrong?" She stops brushing makeup on my face for a second and I feel tears form in my eyes. I don't let them drop though so it won't ruin my makeup before it's finished.

I look into her soft yellow eyes, "both my father and sister died." I sigh "last year Ashley and one or two years after the games was my father." I watch shock fall over her face turning into sorrow as she's taken aback before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Wait but wasn't Ashley only young?" She sounds gutted, then I nod my head. "I'm so sorry," her words linger in the air for a second before she goes back to doing my makeup.

Once she's finished she goes onto my hair, I still haven't been able to look in a mirror yet but I'm excited. Mara never done bad hair or makeup but I can't always say the same for the dresses if I can even call them that sometimes it's only just covering my body, it always made me self conscious but I never argued since she was happy.

After a while of my hair being pulled and curled Mara heads to the closet to bring my dress. A wave of anxiety flows over me, as I get flashbacks of the previous games.

Mara pulls out a two piece, there is hardly any fabric to even cover my body. The top isn't even a top it's a glittery navy blue shell bra, the skirt is a black leather barley being able to cover my ass.

I put it on and I feel like I'm barely wearing anything, once I'm ready Mara starts spraying my skin with glitter so I shimmer in the light. After she adds some finishing touches and accessory's, I look into the mirror.

My hair was half up half down. The top half was back in a dutch braid the bottom was curled loosely. Parts at the front were pulled out to frame my face, there were also pearls placed in my hair. The makeup was a navy blue, highly highlighted and five pearls were placed small then medium then a large one next to the end of my eyeliner then medium and small in an almost semi-circle. I had a dark blue lipstick on with glitter patted on top.

I felt so insecure in this but I didn't say anything about it because the joy spreading across Mara's face. Never would I make her feel bad, not if it's something she's this happy over.