Chapter Twenty-Six: Y/N's Honor

Hiiiiii! Hope all is well. This is a one year time skip. From now on, this will be Aizawa's POV. Happy reading!☺️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Happy reading!☺️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~Aizawa's POV~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a year since we lost Y/N. It still hurts. Just as we promised, Endeavor and I became friends for the sake of the kids. We actually don't mind being friends now. He tell me stories about her when they first met in high school. It just made me love her even more. I supported him when he got therapy for his family. They're on a better path including Touya. He's still in prison for the murders but he's doing better. It's good to see them healing. I took over Y/N and Midnight's business with the help of Endeavor. It's the evening and I just got done shopping with Eri and Shoto. We walk up to a statue and stop. We place flowers in front of it. It's a statue of Y/N. She was deemed as the number one hero and the greatest hero in the world. Sacrificing herself for all of us. A true hero. We were able to rebuild Japan. It's taken us an entire year to do it. I moved into Y/N's house instead of rebuilding my own. Eri and I still live at U.A with the students as well. A group of people surround us. I grab Eri's hand. "We came to pay our respects." A woman says. I nod and step aside. They place flowers down and said a prayer. "She was an amazing hero." "That's my mom!" Eri beams. "You have an amazing mother." "I know." Eri says. "Come on before the ice cream melts." I say. We head towards U.A. We were greeted by the students. I greeted back. "Come on we have to make dessert." Eri says. I laugh and follow her into the kitchen. I place the ice cream into the freezer. Eri wash her hands. I wash mine along with Shoto. We grab the ingredients. Eri grabs the eggs. We fill the bowl with cake ingredients. I start mixing. "No you're doing it wrong." Eri says, taking the spatula out of my hands. "Mom said to put your hip into it." I smile as I watch her stir the batter." "She's right." Shoto chimes in." I hold the bowl as she mixes. She stops to wipe a bead of sweat and continues to mix. Eri finishes. She pours it in the cake pan, scraping out the remaining bit. Shoto opens the oven. Eri grabs the cake pan and place it in the oven. She closes the oven. "When did you become so independent?" I ask. She shrugs and washes the dishes. Shoto laughs. "I feel old." He jokes. "You and me both kid." I laugh. We continue to bake a lot of desserts. Mainly because of Satō's sugar rush quirk but also for the U.A students. We start placing the desserts on the table, including the ice cream. "Do you think mom would love her statue?" Eri asks as she opens her locket. "Of course." I respond. I kiss the top of Eri's head and continue to eat. I helped her bathe afterwards and taken a shower myself. I light the two candles in front of Y/N's picture frame. We get on our knees. "I want to thank you for watching over us. For guiding us. For being in our lives. For a short period of time we've known each other, you've made a huge impact in our lives. I hope you're happy up there with Midnight and your parents. Say hi to my parents for me. I wish you were here, but you've done the right thing. We miss you down here and love you so much. I wish we could see your face when your statue was first revealed. I know you'd be embarrassed. You deserve it. And the title of number one hero. Anyway, I hope you're protected up there. Please continue to guide us and protect them. Amen." I prayed. "Amen." Eri repeated. I blow out the candles and stand up. I climb into bed. Eri gets in as well. She sleeps with either me of Shoto, depending on her mood. I pull her close to me. "Daddy?" "Yes sweetie?" "Thank for adopting me after my birth mom left me. I'm glad you and mommy are my parents." I smile as my eyes begin to water. "You're welcome baby girl." I plant a long kiss on her forehead as I close my eyes. "Get some sleep." I tell her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry this is so short!