𝟕| 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥

CHAPTER SEVEN:

DEAL

THE NIGHT SKY was out, the moon shining high up in the dark as it shined down on the civilians of New York

THE NIGHT SKY was out, the moon shining high up in the dark as it shined down on the civilians of New York. All over the news was the attack from the Green Goblin at the OSCORP Industries Unity Day Festival and how Spider-Man and Spider-Woman came and saved everyone, including when Spider-Woman saved Mary Jane Watson. It was no doubt that it would be all over the newspaper the next day from the Daily Bugle.

The honks of the vehicles on the streets in the city of New York could be heard from the opened balcony doors in the apartment that the Osborn siblings and Peter Parker lived in. In the buildings, lights could still be seen on as they either shined through the glass or the glass and the curtains as most people were still awake, most likely talking about the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man and Spider-Woman. They felt safe knowing they were here.

Sitting on a sofa in her shared apartment with her brother and best friend, Y/n had her feet up on the table in front of the sofa as Peter sat beside her on the arm of the sofa. Both were listening to Harry speak to MJ, his phone right next to his ear, which meant they couldn't hear the redhead's voice. It was clear Harry was concerned for the girl he was going out with as he insisted a few times that he'd come over to make sure she's alright.

Y/n tried to hold in her snort when she heard him repeat MJ's words about the two heroes, more specifically Spider-Woman since she saved her life, being incredible. After being hit on the head with a rock, the Osborn boy had a band-aid on the side of his head where he had been hit. Eventually, the phone call seemed to have finished as Harry turned to the two.

"She's alright. She's just a little rattled." Harry informs. "Look, guys, I shouldn't have kept it a secret. I should've told you both about us sooner."

"It's alright, man. I'm happy for you." Peter tells him with a smile.

Y/n nods, smiling softly. "Me, too. It's not often a girl gets to the attention of Harry Osborn."

Harry chuckles at his sister's words. "Thanks, guys. I'm-- I'm crazy about her. I'm gonna get some rest."

"I'm gonna stay up for a while." Peter replies.

"Yeah, me too. I don't think I can sleep right now." Y/n admits, making her brother frown.

"What was that thing?" Harry asks.

"I don't know." They reply.

"Whatever it is, somebody has to stop it." Peter states.

At his words, him and Y/n share a knowing look that Harry didn't seem to notice as he looked too tired and exhausted. Bidding his goodnights to them, the boy walks up the stairs to where his bedroom was at, leaving the two to themselves.