𝟓| 𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐠𝐥𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE:

DAILY BUGLE

THE STREETS OF New York City is crowded with civilians as they walked on the sidewalks, some trying to get to work, some just venturing around

THE STREETS OF New York City is crowded with civilians as they walked on the sidewalks, some trying to get to work, some just venturing around. Cars drove all around, honks being heard throughout the entire place as they drove through the streets. The sun was up and shining down on the citizens, making it just a bit hot outside for all of them.

The civilians foots padded and sometimes slammed against the concrete ground as they crossed the roads when the lights would turn green or would just walk along the sidewalk and bump into people every time, considering the streets of New York City were always so busy and full of people, their shoulders would touch every time they walked by each other.

Newspaper in hand as she read about the two new heroes in the city she moved in to not too long ago with her best friend and brother, Y/n found herself being one of those people. As of right now, she was gonna meet up with Peter so they could look for a job.

Passing by a small diner, the smell of the food whiffing out into the city air and into people's nostrils was the scene, the Osborn girl caught sight of a familiar redhead passing by her and crossing the street, a brown trench coat around her body as she kept her gaze forward, seeming to want to get away from the area she was currently in.

"MJ!" Y/n calls out.

The said redhead turns around, eyes widening in happiness as a smile comes onto her face upon seeing the girl she became friends with in high school. It had only been weeks since they last saw each other, but they talked quite a bit and also talked about spending the day with each other sometime. As soon as Y/n got by her, MJ pulled her good friend into a hug, still smiling as she hugged the trench coat around her body.

"Y/n, hi! What are you doing around here?" MJ asks with a smile.

Y/n shrugs, motioning to the newspaper in her hand. "I'm begging for a job. Was about to meet up with Peter soon. How about you?"

"Oh, I'm headed to an audition." MJ replies.

"An audition?" Y/n repeats, remembering when the redhead told her she always wanted to act. "So you're acting now?"

MJ nods. "Yeah. I work steady. In fact, I just got off a job."

"That's great, MJ." Y/n tells her.

"Hey, glamour girl! Your drawer was short six dollars! Next time that happens, I'm gonna take it out of your check." A man calls in their direction, making MJ look down. "Excuse me, Miss Watson? I'm talking to you! Hey!"

"Yes, Enrique! Okay? I get you." MJ calls back, voice laced in frustration.

"It better not happen no more." The man demands as MJ turns back around with a roll of her eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me."