𝟑| 𝐛𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫

CHAPTER THREE:

BEN PARKER

PEOPLE ON THE streets of New York stared at the two teenagers that ran through the streets and away from Midtown High School

PEOPLE ON THE streets of New York stared at the two teenagers that ran through the streets and away from Midtown High School. They didn't bother about the stop lights as they ran through the streets, the boy having to somewhat drag the girl. The occasional honks could be heard as it was a normal day on the streets of New York. People on the balconies of the buildings could be seen, some watering plants they had on the balcony of their apartments. Most people on the sidewalks held bags with them as they took each step to their destination.

Peter continued to hold Y/n's hand as he turned them into an alleyway. The two look at each other, panting just a bit from their run before Peter softly grabs Y/n's wrist, bringing his own up. A mark was on their skin, almost looking like a spiderweb imprinted on their wrists. Peter turns Y/n's hand and his own, revealing the bitemarks on the top of their hands. At the sight, their heads snap up to each other, sharing an all too knowing look with one another as if they were silently speaking to each other.

They were both bitten by a spider on their field trip.

Peter looks over to his left, catching sight of a spider on it's own web in the corner of the alleyway at the top. Y/n follows his gaze before looking at her hand, her other one holding onto Peter's like he was doing with her. It was as if little hairs started growing on their fingertips. Looking at the wall her back was against, she nudges her brunette best friend who looks at her. Peter watches as her hands release from his while she fully turns to the brick wall of the building she had been leaning against.

Upon seeing the spikes in the little hairs that had grown on her fingertips, the Osborn girl places her hand on the wall, her fingertips sticking to it before she places her other hand on it. Next thing the blue eyed boy knew, the girl was crawling up the wall and going halfway before she stops and looks back down at Peter. The two stare at each other with wide eyes and smiles before Peter lets out a loud whoop.

Y/n lets out a laugh as she watches him place his hands on the wall, crawling up the wall just like her. Together, the two continue crawling up until they were on the top of the building. And after that, hand in hand, they ran and jumped across from building to building. When they stopped on one building, Peter looks at his wrist before the crane that the builders use across from them. It was too far for them to jump, but maybe not too far to web across.

"Go, web!" Peter exclaims as he thrusts his hand as if to shoot a web, but it didn't work. "Fly." It didn't work again. "Up, up and away, web." Still nothing. "Shazam!" And nothing.

Y/n watches with a slight amused face as he continues trying, putting up many hand gestures, like thumbs up. Looking down at her own wrist, she curiously looks at the web imprinted on her wrist before doing a hand gesture and aiming forward, a web flying from her wrist and hitting the other building, making hers and Peter's eyes widen.

Noticing the hand gesture she did, Peter does the same, a web flying from his wrist and flying over the crane. Together in unison, the two shoot webs, watching as they stuck right to the crane. Both grip onto the webs, sharing a glance before jumping onto the ledge of the building. Peter looks at the girl he deeply cares for, giving her a small nod.

"Tallyho." Peter tells her.

And with that, he swings forward and off the building, letting out a loud cry of fear while doing so. Y/n watches as his feet hit the top of the smaller building they were wanting to go to, however, he didn't let go of his web and he was lifted back up into the air, slamming into the sign in front of him, his grip letting go of his web as he slid down the sign. Y/n winces at the sight, deciding to swing off the building, holding tight until her feet were touching the top of the smaller building. She let go of her web unlike what Peter did, rushing over to check on the brunette.

"Pete, you okay?" Y/n questions in concern.

Peter groans. "My back."

* * *

The apartment that the Osborn's lived in was quiet as it usually was everyday. The sound of the news on the TV could be heard throughout the living area, the weatherwoman talking about the weather. The night sky was out, the moon up instead of the usual blue sky and bright yellow sun. The lights throughout the apartment were slightly dim as they were the only lights. In the kitchen, Harry was looking through the fridge while Y/n could be seen in the living room, sitting on the couch.

A notebook laid in her hands, a pencil in-between her fingers. A drawing was on the paper. Ever since finding out about their new powers from the spider bite, her and Peter talked about suits and everything. Currently, she was figuring out her own type of suit to make. On other pages, symbols of a spider all colored in black could be seen drawn on the sheet. The suit she was currently drawing was the color red and blue. The mask was blue, along with most of the torso and the boots were blue while the rest was red.

"Hey, isn't that Pete's uncle?" Harry's voice suddenly speaks up.

Making sure to bring her notebook close to her chest so her brother didn't see the drawing of her suit, Y/n curiously looks at her brother who didn't even notice what she was doing as he stared at the TV curiously, his hands rested on the back of the couch. Y/n follows Harry's gaze, seeing a woman on the news outside in New York at night. A crowd was formed behind her, an ambulance parked on the side of the road as a man was on a stretcher.

Leaning forward a bit and sitting up from her spot on the couch, Y/n looks at the words that played out on the screen, the familiar name of Peter Parker's uncle popping up onto it, claiming it was a gunshot that had hit him. The crowd behind the news crew were all murmuring to each other as they continuously glanced at the old man laying limp on the stretcher that the paramedics were rolling. It was clear that had tried to save him, but were too late. The police could be seen as they pushed everyone back and away from the scene.

Ben Parker was dead.

* * *

The loud honks of New York City could be heard throughout the entire place as the night sky was still out. The pigeons that usually flew through the city were still flying around, making their purring type noises as they flew in the air. The lights could still be seen in the windows of many buildings in the city, showing that some people were still awake late at night. The heels of people walking could be heard as many civilians of New York made their way through the streets, making their way home.

On top of the Chrysler building, sat Peter with his knees tucked into his chest as he stared at the buildings ahead of him with a frown. The Parker boy wore a red sweatshirt with a pair of blue pants and his sneakers that he usually wore. His cheeks were stained with tears, his eyes red and puffy but you couldn't see it through the dark night. His uncle was dead. The only father figure he ever really had in his life. And the last time he spoke to his uncle before the incident, he snapped at him.

The sound of a thump from behind him filled his eardrums. He didn't even have to look back to know who it was. No one else could ever come up onto the top of the Chrysler building except for one other person. The brunette lets out a sniffle, using his hand to wipe the few more tears that fell out of his blue eyes and down his pale cheeks. The footsteps slowly come closer towards him until he felt a hand on his clothed covered shoulder.

"Pete." Y/n's soft voice whispers.

The boy turns around, wrapping his arms around the girl's waist. Y/n immediately hugs him back as he starts sobbing against her shoulder, hearing the girl gently shush his cries, one of her hands rubbing up and down his back. His whole body was shaking as he sobbed. Y/n softly presses a kiss to his head as she continues to hold him.