"I don't understand why you hate me!" Isabelle almost screamed at him. "I have never done anything to you and all you do is just bother me."

"Your family is-" Ron started but got cut off.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Ronald Weasley, I am not my family." Isabelle exclaimed, looking at Ron's heartfelt eyes. "Just because my family's reputation is a little questionable doesn't mean I'm going to kill you in your sleep."

"I would rather not take any chances." Ron stormed into the boys dorms.

Isabelle stared in disbelief. She was sick of people judging her because of her mom. The gryffindor common room was not as fun as the slytherin one so she left.

She decided to get to Slughorn's classroom before everyone else, seeing as there were still 20 minutes left till class.

The classroom was empty so Isabelle just let herself in, she sat at a table that was small enough for one person. She pulled out her books and started reading ahead so that she had a vague idea of what they were doing today. Armontentia again, discussing the properties. A sigh left her lips, amortentia makes everything complicated.

Slughorn entered the classroom. "Ah, miss Lestrange. You are here early."

Isabelle chuckled. "I was not having that good of a day so I decided to come here to wait for the others."

"And I see you are sitting at the individual table." Slughorn said. "Is everything alright?"

"Everything is alright, sir."

"Well then, I won't bother you with your reading." He gave her a warm smile. "Please continue."

She didn't smile back, just turned back to her textbook. She was taught what amortentia was when she studied at home, but she never smelled anything, especially not someone at Hogwarts. Isabelle always smelled herself or nothing.

Isabelle tried to ignore when students started pouring in rushing to sit next to her friends. She was calmly finishing up a paragraph until someone tapped her shoulder. It was Pansy with a worried expression.

"You okay, Isabelle?" She asked, and before waiting for an answer, continued on talking. "You are sitting all alone over here and I saved you a seat." Pansy pointed to the seat next to her, Draco, and 2 boys she's never seen before.

"I'm fine, Pansy." She replied shortly. "I want to sit here today, next class I'll sit with you. I'm feeling homesick."

Pansy nodded her head. "Okay, the seat will be open in case you want to move."

With a tight smile, Isabelle responded. "Thank you." Deciding she didn't want to carry on with this conversation, she turned back to her pages.

A little late came in Harry, Ron, and Hermione; all looking worn out. Maybe it wasn't just Isabelle who was sick of everything.

When everyone was settled, Slughorn started speaking. "Hello, students. Today I have an announcement." Everyone's interest peaked. "We will have a class project that will be in pairs."

A girl with curly hair and a bandana on her hair spoke up. "Do we get to choose our partners?" She eyed Ron up and down, biting her lip at the same time. The boy blushed and looked at the floor.

"Actually, Miss Lavender, I have assigned them. I will say them now." He pulled out a scroll with messy handwriting on it. The teacher started listing names that weren't really of interest to Isabelle, until he got to her name. "Ronald Weasley and Isabelle Lestrange."

She cursed under her breath, finally looking over at Ron who looked just as mad. He was saying something to Hermione with an angry expression.

Lavender scowled her way, making sure that Isabelle saw her. This didn't bother her because, out of all the girls at school, she felt that Lavender was the least likely to date Ron. She was a very sweet girl that could definitely do better than a twat like Ron.

When the class ended, Isabelle stayed a little later, wanting to speak to Slughorn about the partnership. To her surprise, Ron stayed behind as well. He looked at her up and down, obviously doing the same thing she was.

The professor turned to them with a knowing smile. "I think I know why you are here." He stated, pointing a curved finger at them. "You want to change partners, but that is simply impossible."

Ron and Isabelle both did the same angry face at the same time. "You don't understand, Professor. I would rather kill myself than be partners with him." She pleaded; Ron nodded along.

"I paired you up on purpose." Slughorn said, his eyes crinkling. "You could work together very well." Just as Ron was about to object, the teacher cut him off. "I will not take any more arguments. You are dismissed."

Feeling defeated, the pair left the classroom. Isabelle decided to be the bigger person and make the plans for the project. "We can start tomorrow? Maybe sit on the grass."

Ron stared at her blankly, pursed his lips, then nodded. "Okay.I can only do it at 2." He grumbled.

"See you there." Isabelle complied. She extended her hands for him to shake, but he just looked at her hand with confusion. She put her hand back down, wiping it on her robe. "Bye." She muttered and left him standing there.

Out of all the people she could have been paired with, Ron was the chosen one. The one boy that she could not stand even the sight of him. The way his red hair sat on his head irked her, just as his tall frame had her craning her neck to talk to him.