iv

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

♫ ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ ♫

THE DOOR ACCIDENTALLY slammed behind you when you stepped out of your room, causing you to jump slightly. a yawn made its way out of your mouth as you stretched your arms up into the air, simultaneously walking into the kitchen.

when you looked to your right and saw semi eating at the breakfast bar, his gaze already on you, you deadpanned. "guess it wasn't a dream," you sighed, disappointed. your hand went up your shirt to scratch at your belly, "i am truly living a nightmare."

semi blinked, swallowing the bite of food he had in his mouth before speaking. "you know i can hear you, right? i'm right here," he said.

"unfortunately," you replied, yawning again for effect. you smiled when he rolled his eyes, knowing that it worked. sighing, you went back to pretending he wasn't there as you rummaged through the fridge.

when you had to bend down to get something from the lower shelves, you let out a pained groan. "god, i hate sleeping on futons," you complained to yourself, clutching your waist and hips. "it gives me back pain that only an 300 year old man should have..."

at that, semi snorted, feeling little to no remorse. "i don't think a man with the strength to live 300 years would have back pain," he said with food in his mouth.

shooting him a glare, you scowled. "must you contradict everything i say?" then you made a disgusted face, "and can you not speak with your mouth full? have you no manners?"

"not when around you," he said, letting out a singular giggle at your unrestrained reaction. he knew you didn't like him, and he also knew that bickering back and forth with you wasn't helping his case, but it was just so fun to watch you get riled up that he couldn't help it.

"you know," you started, feigning an amiable smile, "your mouth's about to get a lot fuller when i shove my foot down your—"

you were interrupted by the sound of a knock at the door. semi gave you a look, as if daring you to continue. you replied by sticking your tongue out before making a 180 and heading for the front door.

"good morning," a man with a friendly face smiled. "package here for..." he then made a sour expression, trying to figure out how to pronounce the name on the clipboard.

"i got it," you chuckled, already knowing he'd have trouble pronouncing your mom's name. nodding, the man, who's name was buck, according to his tags, handed you the clipboard. "it's a mattress and bed frame, right?" you asked, assuming that semi's things had finally come in.