ii

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

♫ ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ ♫

YOU WERE AWOKEN by the sound of the front door opening. you stirred, patting around the bed to find your headphones, which had fallen off when you feel asleep, and your phone with a missed call from your mom.

as if on cue, you heard a knock at your door and you stumbled out of bed, rubbing the sleep from your eyes.

you opened the door to reveal your mom standing there, looking up at you with disbelief. "i leave you alone for an hour and you fall asleep," she scolded, a smile to her lips nonetheless.

"sleep calls and i answer, ma," you sniggered. "you know me."

"yeah, yeah," she waved a hand. "come and greet our esteemed guest."

"oh..." you were unable to believe that sleep clouded your mind to the extent that you forgot the reason you fell asleep in the first place: you rushed to clean your room because semi eita was going to be living in it in little under an hour and ended up being absolutely burnt out by the end of it. "lovely..." you said through gritted teeth.

walking out into the living room, you could make out his silhouette as he was seated on the couch, his back to you. his hair was longer and shaggier than you remember. the light coming in from the drawn drapes shone brightly on his ash colored tresses, making them look snow white with feathery black tips.

"eita, hun," your mom called out to him and you cringed, watching her walk around to couch. he stood up and your eyes trailed his form, your head rising and rising and rising and... rising some more. "this is my daughter, yn," she gestured towards you and all you could think of was how crazy you probably looked at the moment. not that you cared or anything, because why would you want to look "presentable" for him?

nevertheless, your curly hair was a frizzy halo around your head; your over-the-ear headphones slinked down your neck every time you moved your head; your septum piercing was crooked; and your eyes were puffy from sleep. the only things that might've made you seem less disheveled were the tiny braided pieces of your hair that were weighed down by colorful beads and the matching set of waist beads circling your abdomen.

you could feel semi's eyes on you and you responded with a unrestrained glare, which you could've sworn he pretended not to notice. instead, he gave you a... smile? it wasn't quite a smile, but the corner of his lips definitely tilted up. to some degree. a smirk?

he nodded a greeting, already looking like he owned the place. "i remember her." semi's raspy voice caught you completely off-guard. five years couldn't really make that much of a difference, could it? sure he was 14 when you left japan, but still...