ix

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

♫ ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ ♫

optional - when you see this symbol (♫♫), play the song

SEMI SQUEEZED HIS eyes shut, groaning and moving to bang his head on a nearby pillar, which was probably a violation of some kind of museum policy.

"you don't get it, do you?" he asked, his voice low, raspy, and wearied.

you tilted your head in confusion. no, you didn't get it. was that not clear from the beginning? "don't get what, semi?"

when you heard nothing, you looked up to find semi suddenly in front of you. you let out a stuttered breath as you tried to force yourself not to take a step back. but the way he shuffled closer and closer to you made it impossible. you ended up being cornered in the junction of a wall, semi's toned arms lifting to cage you in on both sides.

"s-semi?" you said, your gaze moving up from his arms to his face.

"someone as smart and pretty as you..." he leaned in closer, "should've figured this out a long time ago."

your lips parted at his words and you felt your face warm at his close proximity. and did he just call you pretty? you cleared your throat, trying to ignore the way he gazed intently at your lips.

"what should i have figured out? i wish you'd just be direct with me—"

"that i'd become completely enamored with you," he blurted out, unable to stop himself. "that i'd fallen head over heels in love with you the moment you—"

you jolted from your bed, breathing heavily. flashes from the dream—no, nightmare—you had incessantly played through your mind even as you rubbed your temples hard.

you woke up with a stuffy nose and a heavy head; those symptoms alone let you know that going out in the rain yesterday wasn't the best idea. it was reckless, to say the least.

straightening up, you pushed yourself into the corner of your bed, letting your gaze slide over to the left side of the room. your shoulders relaxed when you saw an empty bed, glad nobody witnessed you shooting up from your pillows like you got a bucket of ice water poured on you.

with a sigh, you grabbed your headphones from your bedside table. slipping them on, you tapped the side, letting a song play.

♫♫ semi left his bed unmade, and you could see where he threw the vinyl-filled comforter off of him—the plush corners bunched up at the edge of the bed.