i

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

♫ ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ ♫

optional - when you see this symbol (♫♫) play the song

♫♫ YOU IMMEDIATELY LET out a squeal of excitement upon hearing the next song in your playlist begin, the sound of the guitar and drums that decorated the beat causing you to bounce around. a pair of freshly washed pants were tucked in your hands and you folded the article of clothing while dancing.

the window to the apartment room was cracked open, the waves of heat that tried to force themselves in being pushed back by the fan in the corner, cranked up to its full potential. it was hot, yes, but the smell of detergent wafting from your laundry basket filled the entire room, clouding your brain, and you were playing your favorite playlist so you couldn't help but feel as if you were on cloud nine.

it was unlikely that the pedestrians roaming the sidewalks right under your window couldn't hear the music, but you hadn't gotten any complaints yet, so why tone it down now?

"i want to buy you something, but i don't have any moneyyy! no, i dont have any money..." you sung, pretty much screaming the lyrics.

upon folding the last shirt left in your pile and tossing it in a random drawer, you plopped down on your bed with a laugh, thinking that the lyrics were comically relatable.

since you were done with your laundry, you no longer needed the speakers you used to play your music out loud. connecting your headphones via bluetooth, you continued to hum to the beat of the song, smiling and closing your eyes when you felt the bass reverberate through your body.

volume : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

that was one of the things you loved the most about music: the way it made you feel. whether emotionally or physically, you could always count on music to make you feel more or less, better or worse, on whatever occasion that the change was needed.

your eyes were forced open when the music dulled, prompted by the notification that just came up on your phone screen.

—— ma 💕
open the door, baby, i'm pulling up right now.
i have groceries

upon reading the text sent by your mom, you slid out of bed and walked out into the living area. as soon as you opened the door, you were met with the sight of your mom stepping out of the elevator. if you didn't know your mom well, you would've never guessed it was her that stood behind the wall of brown grocery bags that she was carrying.