15 - Videotape

Mulai dari awal

"Is he alright?" Egon asked behind me.

"Lorenzo, what happened?"

"Margo!" I heard my voice being shouted. I looked in the direction of the sound and then looked back at Lorenzo.

"Will you be okay if I go? Egon can take care of you," He slowly nodded before I stepped away from him and basically ran towards the meeting rooms. I frantically looked around the hall, trying to figure out which room they were in.

I spotted Aldo standing behind a chair with his hands on the back of it and as I got closer to the door and got a better look at the projector screen my entire body stopped.

I couldn't even move an inch as I took in the view. The acid began to go up to my throat before it couldn't stay inside me and had to be let out. I dropped near the door and found a bit of force to move away from it so no one inside would see the gross bit.

I vomited my guts out right beside the meeting room door. A few seconds later as I coughed from the terrible smell, I felt a hand gently rub my back. I couldn't look up as I tried to breathe in through my mouth in order not to throw up again from the smell.

As a minute passed, I calmed and finally had the strength to stand up. I grabbed Aldo's hand and rose to my feet. He offered me a tissue and a water bottle. I took them in my hands and smiled at him. He ordered to get one of the cleaning staff to come down here before he led me into the meeting room and helped me sit down on one of the glass chairs.

The video was now turned off and the only people in the room were Aldo, Dante and me. Dante was sitting adjacent to me with his head in his hands and elbows on his knees. Aldo stood beside me and caressed my back.

"You... I thought you wouldn't react that way," I looked up at him, the dryness of my mouth making it impossible to mutter a single word. I wiped my mouth with the tissue and then took a gulp of water.

I tried my hardest to forget the image in my head.

Mariana.

Vincenzo.

Valentino.

Both on top of her. Valentino's hand on her mouth and the other one on her bare breast. Vinc stood right in between her legs with his pants lowered just enough to know what he was doing.

I shook that thought away before I looked over at Dante.

"The diary?"

"It's the videotape that Cel said Luciana found next to the diary," Aldo answered for Dante who was still trying to get himself together. "It got delivered like fifteen minutes ago."

"That's why Lorenzo-" Aldo nodded before he took a seat in between Dante and me.

"My damn father," Dante's words came out as a whisper. "I don't think I ever knew that man to begin with," I looked over at him before I took another gulp of water.

"This probably shocked Liam even more. He looked up to his grandfather since his father was a piece of shit since birth," Aldo said, making me look over at him.

"Is the diary here?" Dante and Aldo shook their heads in unison.

"It'll get here soon enough though. But it's going to be ugly looking at the video," Aldo admitted. 

-------

"And it was simply delivered to you?" Alex asked me through the screen of my phone. I nodded before taking a sip of my margarita. I sat in the living room where I found out about Vlad's death. "That is actually weird."