Chapter 14: Many Flashbacks Into the Past

En başından başla

"Wait. What?"

"Elena..." Damon whispered from behind her. "Boo!"

Elena gasped as she saw Damon behind her. Hitting him in the chest.

"God, Damon." Elena complained.

"Scaredy-cat." He smirked.

"Just ignore him. That's what I do." Alaric advised.

"So you really can't get in?" Elena asked him.

"No. Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire." He said walking past her and me.

"What do you mean ancient?"

"See for yourself." Damon said.

The four of us kept walking until we came up to an all-to-familiar entrance.

"This is as far as I go." Damon said motioning one hand towards the entrance.

I walked in behind Elena and immediately recognized the cave. This is the cave the Mikaelson siblings and I used to come and draw pictures about their life.

"How comes you can get in, Ava?" Damon asked.

"Well, I am a really old vampire. The Lockwoods probably had a spell that only kept the newer vampires out." I winked at him.

"What is all this?" Elena asked as I got closer to the wall of the cave and ran my finger over the many drawings in amazement.

"Well, as far as I can tell, It's a story." Alaric piped up.

"In simple archeological terms, it's a really, really old story." I whispered to myself. "That sign there" I pointed at a sign that had three moons. "Is a moon cycle. A man. A wolf." I pointed at other signs.

"A werewolf." Elena piped up.

"Yeah, it's the Lockwood diaries, Pictionary style." Damon stated sarcastically.

I giggled a bit. So wrong Damon.

"I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the original founders in the 1860s."

"Ah, maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that." Alaric said shining the light on all the signs.

"How long?" Elena aksed. I simply smiled.

"Long. Get's better. Show her, Ric." Damon said.

"Names, and they're not native. They're written in Runic, a Viking script."

Wow! He's pretty damn smart for a human.

"Vikings?" Elena asked in disbeliefs.

"This name here, when translated it reads...." Alaric begins.

"Niklaus." I said with a smirk.

"Klaus." Elena repeated, trying to recognize it.

"And Elijah." I say taking my flash light and shining it on Elijah's written name. "And Rebekah." I shined the light on her name. "And Ava." I shined the flash light on my written name.

Elena stared at me in shock.

*Flashback*

Rebekah was trying to carve her name into the rockwall as I was laughing at her, standing next to Nik.

"Rebekah, let me have at it." Nik said trying to convince his sister to give him the knife.

"Quiet, Niklaus. I have to have my concentration. If I'm not to slice off a finger." She said trying to concentrate.