Chapter VII

Irene's POV

7 years ago I got into a car accident. I was diagnosed with Amnesia, after the accident. I couldn't remember anything, even my name. It was depressing at that time. Good thing Jimin, Yeri, and Yeri's parents was there for me all through out my treatment.

I still go to therapy, but I go rarely now. My memories that I had lost, never came back. I'm fine with it now though, I had some people that tell me about my past. I wanted to remember, I mean who wouldn't want to remember? But as the years go by, I just got contented with the stories they've told me. I just continued on with my life.

Now, I think questions like before starts building up again. With this new information I am about to know...

"Yes, unnie." When Jimin said that, a lot of things come up to my head.

What was my relationship with Joy?

How come Joy acted like she just met me?

That's why she seems close with Jimin...

Why did they exclude Joy in their stories about my past?

Is she someone I was not in good terms with?

Does Wendy even know?

"Unnie." Yeri called out, that removed me from my thoughts. I look at her, she's nervous and scared? "Mianhe unnie. It was my fault. I asked Jimin to leave them out, when telling you about your past. I was just so upset with them, that time. I--" I cut her off after hearing the pronouns she uses.

"Wait! Them? It's not just Joy?" who else would they want to erase from my life? Yeri shook her head, telling me no. "Who else?" I asked. I got someone in mind, but I don't thi--

"It's Seulgi unnie." Jimin said. I think I just weakened, when I heard her name. I held a chair for support. Her being mentioned just added more questions. I massage my head, as it started to hurt a little

"Unnie, you okay?" Yeri come up to me and helped me sit down.

"It just hurt a little, Yerimah." I said.

"Jimin call--" I cut her off.

"I'm fine Yeri." I held her hand and look up to her. She looks really worried.

"Unniee." She whined as her tears are forming in her eyes again. I know you hid it from me for a reason, Yerimah. I can see how hurt you still are, from what happened years ago, and I don't think I can handle seeing you hurt more.

Yeri was the reason, aside from Jimin, why I wanted to just move forward and stop asking more about my past. There was a time I was already hopeless, I was so depressed, but there's this one night that changes everything... That made me want focus on the present.

*flashback from 6 years ago...

Why isn't the therapy working?
Why can't I still remember a thing? It's been a year already.
All they do is just plant these scenarios in my head, that doesn't even help.
I don't even know if I can really trust any of them, who claims to be close to me.
The more days that had passed the more hopeless I felt. I can't help but think that maybe it was better if I just died in that accident.

I heard the door opened up. I fake sleeping. I felt someone sit on my bed.  Not long later, I hear a sob. I open my eyes a little, good thing the person did not turn on the lights, there's still fading light that's why I can still see who the person is. It's Yeri. She had been taking care of me eversince I woke up from that hospital bed. Why is she crying?