The beggining of Captain Blood

Dean was in the middle of doing my hair, "Damn he's really good at hair." Heather looked as he was doing a fishtail.

"I learned from my mama." He said proudly.

"All right, are we ready for warm ups?" Coach comes in looking in looking sharp. Many wows were said looking at the choice of wear that coach had on.

"Well ain't he lookin sharp. A little too sharp." Dean said to himself. I heard it though and looked up at him.

"You okay Deany?"

"Don't worry about Harls. It's nothin." He said in a soft tone.

"Hey nice jacket. Did you get two pairs of pants with that?" Averman asks making me laugh.

"Good night last night coach?" Fulton asked

"Yeah it was fine."

"What's you do?" Dean question.

"Oh I just watched some TV last night. Got to bed early."

"But not without a little desert right?" Dean brought up.

"A little ice cream maybe?" Fulton passed him.

(time skip)

"Okay ducks this is a very important game. Maybe your hardest game of the season. I need you to work hard but have fun out there. Okay. Go on three, One, Two, Three,"

"Go!" We all exclaimed. I skated out taking face off in front of a big dude. He said something in Iceland catching me off guard.

"What does that mean?"

"You'll find out." He smirked.

The whistle blew and we knocked into each other hard. Dean ran into us knocking him down.

"Come on, fool get up!"

"You tan him unprovoked."

"Huh?" Dean said whacking his arm into the refs face making him fall over.

"Calm down, son. You're out of the game."

"Oh give me a break."

"You're throwin' him out? You can't do that! It's three seconds into the game!" Coach explained.

Dean hit the board grunting on his way out. I sighed and looked at coach, he looked pissed. I continued to play at least the best I could. They were gunning on me. Knocking me down left and right.

They made their first goal making me groan. "Gosh the guys have no chill." Holden skated up to me.

"For real I'm getting knocked down over and over again. I'm getting tired by just getting so much." She gave me a sympathetic smile before getting into position. 

Everyone kept getting hauled by these guys. I honestly needed a break. My body was achy and I was tired from doing nothing. I soon smiled after getting up to see the Dwayne had gotten the puck and was showing off a bit.

"Dwayne pass the puck!" I yelled noticing that he was hogging it. Dwayne didn't do anything. But then he got knocked down. Hard. It looked like it hurt. I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Yeah Luis get it!" I yell as Luis flys down the ice. I saw some guy trip him. Luis went flying into the boards.

"Come on ref call that!" I scream looking at the ref.

"You want out little lady?" He eyed me skating closer.

"Try me." I said skating off. Man he was really gonna kick me out for yelling at him. What a douche. I skated back to my spot but heard coach call me over.

"You got it Kenny!" I patted him on the shoulder sitting down.

"What's it like out there?" Coach asked me.

"Pretty rough. I haven't even touched the puck. I feel like I'm gonna puke." I say taking my helmet off. He nodded.

I saw Kenny get nailed and Coach signaled for him to come back in. "Go on Harley." He said. I sighed getting up.

I was gaining on one of the players but wasn't quite 100% in my legs. They were killing me. I knew I was gonna be sore tomorrow. He scored another goal making me sigh. I look over at Jesse and he shook his head. "Man the whole thing is rigged." He complained. I nodded as coach called us in.

"Where's our concentration? You guys are out there running around like a bunch of chicken with your heads cut off!" Coach said his voice raising.

"We're doing our best." Jesse said.

"Well, your best isn't good enough anymore. Blow this game and we are one loss away from elimination. You guys might want to go home early but I sure as heck don't." Coach walked off angrily.

"My that was inspiring." Averman said.

After the play started I was immediately knocked down. I sighed getting back up again. Skating after the puck. I was too late as the puck went into the net. I rolled my eyes too tired to even complain.

"You're off Goldberg!" Coach yelled. I smiled seeing that Julie had a chance. I went back to position but soon saw that Julie was gettong escorted by a ref. What did she do? I saw Fulton get on and I was excited. Even though Dean wasn't here Fulton could do good on his own.

He hit the puck but it was saved by the goalie. I skated up to Fulton. "Hey it's okay. You did good. It'll leave a mark." He smiled.

"Hey Harls get that puck and make Dean proud." I nodded smiling.

I got the puck and passed it to Adam. He zoomed off with it getting closer and closer to the goal. "Yeah go Adam!" I yelled on his tail making sure that he had the puck. He scored making me overjoy.

One of the Iceland players then hit his hand. Lily immediately skated over to check on him. "Man get him out of here!" I said as one of the refs took him to the box.

"Is he okay?" I asked Lily as she skated over to me. She shook her head as we saw him get off the ice.

Charlie had the puck. He was doing good going fast down the ice. He tripped going into the goal making me wince. That had to hurt. The horn blew sensing that the game was over. I sighed and went to the locker room.

I saw Dean and he came running towards me, out of gear. "Are you okay, are you hurt?"

"I'm fine Dean. A little sore and very tired, but I'm fine." I reassured him. Sitting down. He put his arm around me.

"Twelve to one. Twelve to one!you know what word comes to mind when you think of that? Pathetic! You guys were brought here to play hockey."

"What about you?" Jesse questioned.

"What about me Jesse?"

"Coach Stansson knew everything about us. They were ready for us." I sharply said back to his lame response.

"Yeah and you spend your time driving around in convertibles talking to those sponsor fools." Luis added on.

"Or hanging with the Iceland lady. We saw you two Saturday night." Fulton said making me confused.

"Eating ice cream with the enemy, huh, Coach?" Dean said tauntingly.

"Hey, hey what I do is none of your business. Is that clear?" I rolled my eyes and started to look in my bag for my clothes. "Don't take those pads off! Everyone stay in your gear. We have practice."

"Tonight?" Lily asked.

(time skip)

I felt like I was going to puke. He had us doing sprints up and down, over and over. My legs were about to fall off. He blew the whistle letting us go. I went back to the locker room.

"Are we gonna shower?" Casidy asked.

"I'm not going to bed like this." Guy said.

I showered and got dressed going to Dean and Fulton's room. Julie walked there with me. We didn't say anything. We were both too tied to. We fell asleep before Dean and Fulton came.

Gosh I needed to update. I'm hopping you all really love this book. I'm enjoying it. Also should I have Dean go to school in D3. I feel like I should. Let me know. -cat