Chapter 17: Coping

Start from the beginning

Park parents care about their kid's mental health more than anything, so if Jimin wants to take some break, he can always do that.

"I'm much better." Jimin fakes a smile, and it's extremely obvious to his mom.

"You know. Sometimes we blame ourselves for giving you too much privacy."

"What do you mean?" Jimin frowns at his mother.

"Well, we care about your mental health a lot. We want you to feel safe, but it hurts me sometimes when you don't talk about your feelings. Me and your appa feel like we made you that way."

"What way?"

"We don't make you talk things out. It's ok to keep things to yourself, but it's ok to express how you feel and share your thoughts with us. " Park Yuna says softly. "I'm sorry for making you this way."

"Oh no, Eomma. It's not like that. I appreciate you guys giving boundaries. Please don't blame yourself. I feel completely safe telling you guys things, but there are things I can't really talk about." Not wanting to. Too painful.

"You don't feel like you can tell me everything." Yuna looks down on the floor sadly.

"It's not like that. Some things, I can't really talk to you guys, but I promise I've got Taehyung who I rant and vent to all the time. I do talk things out, eomma."

"So this one is about dating then." Yuna finally lets her soft smile slip.

"What? No. It's not that. I just haven't been feeling wel-"

Not leaving your room for days. Laying in bed full of tissues. Eating tons of ice-cream. You can't be more obvious." Yuna chuckles playfully. "My Jiminie is going through his first heartbreak." She grabs her son's cute cheeks, looking at him with love.

"Why are you smiling? Your son is actually heartbroken." Jimin furrows his eyebrows together.

"Oh now you finally admit it's about dating? I was just guessing." Jimin's mom smirks.

"Eomma!"

"I know I shouldn't be smiling because you're going through a tough time, but isn't your eomma good at squeezing the truth out of you? " She smiles. Her face turns more serious while rubbing circles on Jimin's cheeks. "Jimin-ah, you know it happens, right?"

"I know." Jimin feels tears building up as he replies.

"I'm sorry you're going through this. I can't sugarcoat anything because it's going to hurt like hell, for a while."

"Mhm. Like hell." Jimin gulps. Not wanting to cry in front of his mother. He's been crying too much these days.

"but I'm so proud of you. You're doing it right. You're coping with it so fine. Cry all you want. Eat everything. Sleep all day and night. Do whatever that makes you feel better. Give yourself time. It's healthy, and I'm so proud." Yuna might not be one of those moms who would say all the sweet words, but she does know how to make her son see value in himself. "And while you're healing yourself. I'm here for you. Appa is here for you."

"*hc* eomma *hc*" Jimin just loses it. Tears pour out of his eyes again. Hugging his eomma tightly as her embrace is all he would need right now. He appreciates it so much how his eomma is not making him feel bad about himself at all.

"Oh and go shopping too. Buy those designer shoes. Same one in every color. We're pretty loaded." Yuna says playfully as he hugs her son tightly, rubbing his back. She earns a small chuckle from Jimin who's still crying. "Crying is a good thing. I've always told you that. Keep crying Jimin, we'll get you some eye cream later."

"You're so weird." Jimin says against his mother's shoulder.

"I know, and it works so well with you."

Jimin doesn't even know when he's going to stop hurting like hell. Not even knowing how long actually 'a while' would last because right now it feels like it's going to hurt forever. The support from his mother means a lot to him. He could never ask for better parents. "I'll go back to school tomorrow." Pulling back from his mother, tears stopping, this crying session from his eomma actually makes Jimin feel so much better. It feels like there's not much tears left to cry on. Thanks to his mother. Whatever she did, give him some sort of strength and reassurance.

"You sure? You don't need to. Take all the time you want."

"Mhm. The last two weeks are usually fun. We're pranking the freshmen. I don't want to miss all the fun just because of some jerk."

Jeon Jungkook the jerk.

"Good good. Why don't you freshen up and come down for dinner? I actually came to fetch you. We ordered Chinese hot pot. Tons of slide lambs for you." Yuna smiles how Jimin's eyes sparkle up hearing 'Lambs'

"You should have told me. Did you guys order those meatballs with mozzarella cheese in them too?"

"Of course we did. Now go wash your face and come down quickly." Yuna says before walking out of the room with a light smile on her face.

Mothers always have their ways. She's no one perfect, but she knows her son very well. Young Park Jimin seems so easy to talk to, but he's the hardest to crack when it comes to feelings. She understands that her son is still so young, and he has tons of time to become his authentic self. While waiting, she just needs to be there for him. Jumping in when needed like today would be enough. Heartbreak is hard, but Jimin needs to learn, and Yuna takes it as a good sign for her son to grow.

In order for Jimin to learn how to swim, he has to drown.

In order to bloom, Jimin needs to struggle.

Jimin smiles truly for the first time in days. The smile that reaches his eyes. Washing his face roughly, he inhales and exhales deeply. It feels like some weight was removed from him. Blessed and thankful for his parents. Things are going to be ok.

Walking through the hallway, Jimin even hums some random song. His mind is being filled with a hotpot he's going to have. He hopes his appa won't tease him by hiding his favorite meatballs with mozzarella cheese. Smiling softly, walking down the stairs. He loves it when his parents come home early. Spending quality time with his family is the best thing.

Or not.  

The young master Park freezes at his spot when he hears two familiar voices arguing playfully. He's sure who that would be. Jeon's parents are here. His stomach feels tense again, suddenly wondering if the last person he wants to meet right now would be here too? But he doesn't have to wait that long to figure out the answer when he hears his dad's voice.

"Jungkook. Go get Jimin. Tell him we're hungry, and we won't wait anymore."

--------------------------

End of Chapter

A/N: Hope you're doing great. <3