One.

20 years ago:

20 years ago:

I laughed at what my brother had said. The doorbell rings and he gets up to get it. Elle smiles at my brother. I want what they have. That's so cheesy. I laugh to myself.

Ace opens the door. His smile was replaced with a frown. A gun was pointed at his chest. Bam the gun goes off. We all stay still. Ace's lifeless body falls to the floor.

It hits us.

Ace got shot.

"Ace!" Elle yelled and ran to his side. I sit there. I can't do anything.

I let him die.

I let him die

I let him die

I kept repeating to myself.

~
Present day:

Beep

Beep

Beep

The hospital monitor beeps. Ace's lifeless body lays there. No movement for twenty fucking years. I said to pull the plug, but Elle refuse to.

She talks to him every day. About their daughter, dogs, house. Everything. He never responds. She ignores it and acts like he is.

"Good Morning Ace!" Elle skips into the room and kisses Ace on his forehead.

Cecilia and Jordan walk in after. Cecilia is 25 and Jordan is 24. Both close in age. We all are. Elle and Ace are old as fuck.

I look down paper work that I needed to finish like an hour ago. After Ace got shot and went into a coma. My uncle took over the mafia until I was 18. I'm twenty seven now. My everyday life was waking up, see Ace, go to work, see Ace, and go home. I would repeat it everyday.

I start getting started on that while listening to everyone. "Oh shit!" Jordan cures when he drops the chocolate cake.

Ace's Birthday. He's turning 46. Old fuck.

Sophia smacks Jordan on the back of the head. "Hey! No cursing!" He chuckles and rubs his neck where she hit him. "Hudson? Can you go get more cake? Please!" Elle asks and gives me puppy eyes.

Fine whatever. I wanna get out of this place. "I guess." I roll my eyes, collecting my things. "Thanks!" She yells out when I walk out of the door. "Mhm" I mumble back.

I get to my black Audi and drive to the nearest grocery store. Once I find one, I pull into the parking lot, not bothering parking. I just pull next to the store and get out.

A pink bike next to my car. I roll my eyes. I hate pink. Ugliest mother fucking color ever.

I slam open the store doors and go to the pre- made cakes. All look the same. I grab the most expensive one and work my way to check out, as I turn around I bump into someone.

I was going to kill this mother fucker before I saw them. But she was perfect. Dark brunette hair, Hazel eyes, pump lips. Woah.

"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. Oh geez I'm such a Cluts." She laughs at her own words. I stand there looking down at her.

She looks up at me and blushes. "You're really tall. Do you have high tops on?" She looks down at my feet, only to find dress shoes. "Oh never mind. You're just super big." Her eyes widen.

"I mean- not that way. I'm such a pervert." She laughs again and shakes her head. I still stand here.

"Just- Just watch it okay?" I walk pass her wanting to say something else.

She runs after me. "Can I at least buy that for you?" She runs out of breathe ones she reaches me. Huffing. Does she think I'm broke?

"No," I yell at her and walk faster.

"But I feel so bad. Please just let me buy it for you!" I roll my eyes at her begging. They all beg. Mostly in bed.

I ignore her words and make my way to self check out. I pay for the cake and make my way back to the car. She's no where in sight. Good.

Then I jinxed it. She places her bag in the bike basket and struggles getting on the bike. Once she got it she smiles and drives away.

I roll my eyes and make my way to the hospital. I walk into the room. I can't see anything because the wall is blocking everything, but something feels different. Really different. I can't describe it.

I see Elle crying and I go over to her, not looking at Ace. "What's Wrong?" I run her back in a comfortable brother - way. "He- He moved" I move my eyes from Elle to Ace. His hand was moving.

"Holy shit," I mumble. Ace opens his eyes and groans. "Ace" Elle cries and kisses his forehead. He try's to move his hand to touch her, but is to weak.

Cecilia runs and gets the doctor. He comes back and his eyes widen. My same reaction.

"Hello, Mr. Knox. You will be weak for the next couple of months and might need to do physical therapy to gain some muscle back from over the years." The doctor give Ace some water and he drinks it, so he can speak.

"Elle" his voice comes out as a whisper but she cries harder. "Elle. I- I'm so sorry." She shakes her head and kisses him. He looks over at his two children.

"Cecilia..." he smiles at his daughter. She hugs him and sobs. They exchange some words. "Son." Jordan looks shock. First time seeing his father. They look exactly alike. "Father..." Jordan hugs his dad.

Once they are finish Ace observes over the room until his eyes land on mine. "Hudson. Brother." I close my eyes. I don't cry. I almost killed him.

I storm out of the room, to my car, then my house.

Out of all the days he woke up, why now? What changed?

~

Words: 993

A/N: hope you guys like the first chapter! What do you think will happen next?