Playing With Fire

August

"What the hell are you doing here and how the hell do you know where we live?"

"Now is that anyway to greet your bedmate?"

"Camille get the fuck off my doorstep befo' I throw you off this bitch."

"Oh so aggressive. I love it and I loved it that night too. Makes me wet just thinking about it." She tried to touch my chest but I gripped her wrist.

"Getcho' yo ignorant ass off my property." I shoved her and she stumbled back.

"Well before I leave I was actually coming by to return this." She handed me my phone and smiled coyly.

"You had my fuckin' phone. You lil bi-"

"August I th-what the fuck is she doing here?"

"Desire Monroe. Its been a long time."

"Not long enough. Why the hell are you on my doorstep and how the hell do you even know where I live?"

"Um you may need to ask your husband."

Desire looked to me and then to her.

"Desire don't listen to this deranged bitch because she on some otha' shit."

"Oh so I'm a bitch now."

"Look I don't give a fuck who is or isn't a bitch, but I'ma need you to get your ass off my property before I lay hands on you. This is the greatest disrespect. I don't know what you and August got going on, but this shit will not happen at my house. I have two children upstairs and now is not the time for me to be going to jail for beating a bitch ass."

I looked at Desire and she looked like she was about to put them hands on Camille at any minute. Hell I'm surprised she ain't put them hands on my skinny ass.

Camille looked surprised and put her hands up in surrender. She backed away and walked to her car. I sighed heavily and bent my head. This shit was getting out of control. This shit right here is going to set me back even more with Desire. I turned back around and she was standing in front of the mantel looking at me.

I knew she was about to get in on my ass and right about now I probably deserved it. "Desire I didn't know she was coming here. Hell I didn't know she knew where you we lived, well where you lived."

"Did you sleep with her? Is she the one you were with in LA?"

I looked at her not wanting to answer that question because I knew that she was gon' go off on my ass yet again.

"Wow, I got my answer. Well let me tell you this, she is the one that was my college roommate and she slept with Jacoby. Damn this shit is beyond crazy. First Jacoby falls in her trap and now you my husband."

"Desire I'm so sorry. I didn't mean fa' this she to happen. Everything is fucked up."

"You are always sorry. How many more times are you going to be sorry? How many times do you expect me to forgive you with open arms? Dammit August! This is all too much. I don't know August, what good is therapy going to do us. I mean you can't even talk to me, but you can go to a therapist and bare your soul, when I'm your fuckin' wife."

I looked at her and watched as the tears streamed down her face. That shit was hurting me man. At this point I didn't even know if our marriage would make through this complicated test. Our love was really being tested.

Desire

I stood there with tears streaming down my face. I was hurting so bad because I needed my husband, but right now I couldn't bare the sight of him without wanting to punch him in the face. I ask myself is love, real love suppose to hurt and make you feel like you have been stripped of everything. As I looked at August I could see the hurt in his eyes and it hurt me because he was hurting, but I was tired of the pain and bullshit.

"August where did we go wrong? Did we miss something along the way? I mean I keep asking myself these questions and I come up blank."

"Bay-

"Don't call me that. It doesn't even feel the same anymore."

"Desire I really don't know. I believe we did everything right, it was just me fucking up. I just don't want to lose you permanently." He took a step closer.

"August we need time a part and I don't mean a few weeks. I mean a few months. We need time to think about if this is what we really want because it seems that only one of us want this."

"Desire I want this too. You gotta believe me when I say that I do. I love you in spite of everything."

"August you can tell me you love me all damn day, but I need actions right now."

"So does this mean you not going to therapy with me?"

"August I will think about it and let you know in a few days. Oh Day wants to go with you and you need to explain to him what is going on. He needs to hear it from you."

"Okay. I'ma go up and see baby girl."

"That's fine."

He stood there and looked at me a lil while longer and then headed upstairs. I took a seat on the sofa and curled up. This is not how I expected things to be with us, but they always say expect the unexpected. I just wanna feel that peace and happiness that I felt a few months ago. Everything was fine until I said Jacoby was here and we worked together.

Now Camille is back and she has eyes for August, hell she already been on him in more ways than one. I just want normalcy in my life for a change, but nothing is normal in my life anymore.

"Desire."

I looked up and Day was asleep on Aug's shoulder. I shook my head and stood up. I touched Day's cheek and I could feel August eyes burning a hole in my face. I looked up and he caressed my cheek. I quickly moved and walked around him.

He followed behind me as we walked towards the door. We stood there, but I didn't look at him. This was the worst kind of pain and I just wanna smile again, but that ain't happening no ways soon.

August lifted my chin and made me look at him. I felt the tears coming yet again.

"Don't Desire. I hate that because of me you are crying. I promise I'm gon' fix this no matter how long it takes. I love you and I don't wanna live without you."

I looked at him and wanted to believe him, but I couldn't because he told me these words before. "You and Day have fun." I smiled weakly and stepped away from is touch.

He nodded and walked out. I closed the door and rested up against it.

Why can't I ever be happy?

Nedra

I had just put Ty to bed and was sitting at the vanity mirror. I looked at myself and I felt like shit because I wasn't shit for cheating on my husband. I looked up and Twan was standing behind me in his pajama bottoms with no shirt. He was so sexy and I had to be fool.

"Whatchu' doing beautiful?" He stepped closer to me and move my hair away from my shoulder, placing a lingering kiss right there.

"You smell good babe." He said as he massaged my shoulders.

"That feels good and I was just sitting here thinking. I always smell good."

"Come on lets go to bed."

I got up and followed him to the bed. I had the heavy weights of the world on my shoulders. "Twan I need to te-"

My phone vibrated across the nightstand and where Twan was he could see it. He picked it up and looked at me.  "Ned why is Valarie sending you sexy pics?.....

Shout out to my boo for this bomb ass cover cause its life!

Excuse mistakes!