Family Ties

August

I watched my wife as she finished dressing. I had to admit that she was beautiful. She wasn't beautiful just on the outside, but the inside was the most beautiful part of her. I watched Day as he played with his sister. He kept taking her toy and she would frown at him.

"Day quit being playing with your sister like that." I leaned up against the dresser watching them.

He gave her toy back and she clapped with so much joy. I was so blessed. Desire looked at me with a smile on her face. I winked at her at and she had the nerve to blush. "I see I can still make my baybeh blush. That mean a nigga still got it."

"Whatever August." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Yeah a nigga gotcha whatever." I smirked.

She finished glossing her lips and she turned fully to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck, staring in my eyes. I loved her more than life itself. I held her at her waist biting down on my lip as I stared into the depths of her beautiful eyes. After all this time I could honestly say she still made my heart race. Only Desire could do that.

"I love you." She gave me a lingering peck.

"I love you more. You ready to head to this doctor's appointment?"

"Yeah." She wiped the traces of her gloss from my lips.

We got the kids situated and headed out the door. We loaded up in the Range and passed the keys to Desire. We put our seat belts on and Desire backed out of our long ass driveway. I reclined in my seat as Desire maneuvered through Atlanta traffic.

"Babe what do you want to do after your appointment?" Desire asked as she made a right turn.

"Go eat. A skinny nigga be hungry as hell." I smirked.

"When ya ass ain't hungry. You ate all Day's lil snacks."

I turned and looked at Day and he was mugging me. "Who you tryna mug?" I turned completely around.

Day grinned causing a dimple to appear in his left cheek. He was looking more and more like me. Shariah was a tie in between the both of us. I looked at her and she was busy playing with her key ring. I loved my family and I was thankful for another chance.

Five minutes later we pulled up at the doctor's office. Desire parked near the front and I got Shariah out and Day hopped out like he was the man. Day was in-between us as we walked in. Desire signed me in and I took a seat. I watched her as she walked back over to me. She picked Day up and placed him in her lap. He was so damn spoiled. He was a momma's boy.

I looked down at Shariah and she looked up at me as if she were fascinated. I made faces at her causing her to giggle hard as hell. An older lady sat down beside us and admired our family. She smiled and I smiled back.

"You have a beautiful family." She complimented.

"Thank you."

"Mommy I'm hungry." Day whined.

"Just like your daddy. We are going to get something to eat once we leave here, okay love bug."

"Okay mommy." He nodded his head grinning.

"Spoil ass." I mumbled.

"Don't be jealous. If you be good I may spoil and pamper you, but that depends on how this doctor's appointment goes." She gave me an all knowing grin.

"Mr. Alsina." A nurse called out.

We stood and headed back. As we sat in the room the nurse asked me a series of questions. She checked my vitals and wrote down a few notes.

"Okay Dr. Sanchez will be in to see you shortly."

Desire

I watched my husband and silently thanked God for giving him back to me. I looked around at my family and I was glad the ties hadn't been broken. We were a unit one that couldn't be broken unless God himself broke it. August and I stared at each other communicating with our eyes what our hearts were saying.

The spell was broken when a cheerful Dr. Sanchez came in. "My favorite people he greeted as he shook my hand and then my husbands. He cooed at Shariah and gave Day dap.

"Desire get Shariah."

I stood and got her. She started to whine. She was truly a daddy's girl. I held her close as Dr. Sanchez examined August. Day watched as he kicked his lil legs back and forth.

"Now August how are you feeling? Any pain?" Dr. Sanchez asked

"I'm good. Just read to do a lil more than what I have been doing." He looked at me with a sly grin on his face.

"Uh I see." Dr. Sanchez chuckled.

He examined August thoroughly. Dr. Sanchez made a few notes checking a few more things out. "Well August everything looks good." He smiled.

"Okay, so does that mean I can relate with my wife."

I shook my head at this fool. He was too much at times, but I loved his crazy ass. Even Dr. Sanchez had to laugh and shake his head.

"Yes August you are free to relate with your wife. Now if you have any other problems don't hesitate to call. Oh and tell Sylvia I said hello." Dr. Sanchez told us by and walked out.

August looked at me with the goofiest grin on his face. That was all he needed to hear. The look on his face would have been comical if he wasn't so serious about relating as he put it. I was not about to deal with his crazy ass.

"Come so I feed my babies."

August reached for Shariah and she gladly went. Day followed close behind August as I trailed behind. We walked out a got stares from people. I guess we really were a beautiful family.

******

"Day you gon' mess around and get beat up. You love stealing my bacon." August grinned.

Day shrugged and shoved the bacon his mouth. I watched those two and their antics. "Y'all two are a mess."

"Oh baybeh I got your mess." He bit down on his lip.

"August don't start."

I fed Shariah small bites of grits and she made the cutest faces. Her facial expressions were so much like her father's until it wasn't funny.

We finished eating and I settled the bill. August had finally stopped tripping when it came to me paying for things. I understood him being a gentleman and all that, but damn I didn't mind doing especially for my better half.

As we headed out August was close to me. He was so close the scent of his cologne was wreaking havoc on me. It had been a little while since we made love, but I already knew that tonight he would be in that beat it out the frame mode. When I pushed the door open to the restaurant I bumped into somebody.

I looked up and of all people it was Jacoby.

"Hello Desire."

Oh Shit!

Excuse Mistakes!