Chapter 7

Never take movie suggestions from Billy again.

Even after googling the movie, I still don't know what the movie is about and it's so hard to follow along. So, I've sat here basically watching how invested Olivia and Layla are into this movie. I could have stayed at the cookout and had some real fun, is this what "girls-on-girls bonding time" about? Because if so maybe I should happy with Coop being my only female friend, because even our movie nights aren't this boring.

What did you think about my boy Cam? — Chris.

You know that I'm not interested in dating right now.

Nobody said date the man. All I want to know is what you think about him — Chris.

I knew he wasn't going to stop pestering me until I answer his question, and if I tell him that I have nothing to say about him, he's just going to bring him around again. Or he's going to try to "read me" for an answer. Growing up he had always told me that all he needed to do was look me in my eyes to know when something was wrong with me. Or to know if I was lying to him. So far, he's right.

Other than his questionable music choice, he's cute.

Thankfully the credits started to roll, and I was happy to finally move onto anything else. I have never wanted to start working on a school project more than I wanted to lounge around.

Layla has tears rolling down her cheek, using the hands to wipe her face clean of them. "I can't believe you're crying." Olivia chuckles, shaking her head before looking over at me. "She cries after every single movie."

"I do not." Layla declares.

"I can list 5 movies right now." Olivia claims, Layla crosses her arms and gestures for Olivia to continue. "Black Panther, Up, Coco, Step Up 2, and The Lion King."

"The Lion King is valid." I defend. "Mufasa death was sad."

"Thank you!" Layla laughs. "And Olivia, you also cried at the end of Coco!" She straightens up and turns the television off, setting the remote on the coffee table in front of us. She shifts her attention back to me and says, "I'm happy that you joined us today, Samantha. There's so much that I wanted to ask you, you probably get this a lot but is it hard being a football player? Like what's it like?"

"It's has it's moments, rewarding and challenging. I love everything about it, the competition, the rush of the game — it's like nothing else. And then there's something about breaking stereotypes in a sport dominated by guys that gives me a great sense of accomplishment." I tell her. "Clearly, there are stereotypes and misconceptions about female football players that I have to navigate. People don't always expect it, but it's a passion of mine, and I wouldn't trade it for anything."

"Wow." Layla smiles. "I just know that breaking stereotypes in such a male-dominated sport must be tough, but it's admirable that you're passionate about it. I've been talking with the other members of my student council with having a pep rally. To celebrate you being Beverly Hills first female football player. It would be fantastic to showcase your achievements and inspire others."

When she had first said it I didn't want any parts of being in a pep rally when she had first suggested it when I first met her, but since declaring that I would use every opportunity Beverly gave I have a change of heart. "Let's do it."

"