2

As he neared the location, he noticed the traffic had slowed down, and the sight that met him made his blood curdle, and a gasp escaped his lips.

"Oon!"

"Kong!" Arthit whipped around, trying to find his husband.

Kongpob was standing next to the upturned car, looking at it-shocked. He had not realized what he thought to be a gasp was a loud, desperate call. Frantically Kongpob turned around, looking for Arthit, and when he spotted him at the back of the ambulance a short distance away, he sprinted to reach him. The urgency that had come over him when he neared the car had made him tremble with fear, and seeing Arthit, he needed his husband in his arms first!

"Oon! Are you alright? Are you hurt? Are you bleeding? Did you hit your head?" he asked frantically, worried, cradling his face in his hands. Arthit stared back, relieved that Kongpob was here. With tears in his eyes, he just looked at his husband!

Not caring for the people around, he wrapped Arthit in his arms tightly, inhaling his scent to assure himself that his husband was alright.

"Oon! Oon!" he mumbled, and Arthit hugged him back, overwhelmed with relief. Arthit sobbed softly, as Kongpob hugged him tightly, thanking all the heavenly creatures for keeping his man safe.

"Shhhh! Shhh! It's okay! I am here. Are you alright?" Kongpob asked, looking at his face, wiping his tears. Arthit nodded, staring back with big scared doe eyes.

"Where are you hurt?"

"I was so scared, Kong! I thought I won't get to see you one last time!" Arthit mumbled, and Kongpob's heart fell to his feet. Pulling him closer, he kissed his lips hard to shut him up.

"Shhhh! Don't say that! You are safe. Now in my arms. Let's take you to the hospital first?"

Wiping his tears, he nodded. "I am okay. Just a few scrapes!"

"I understand, but it is always better to get it checked to be sure."

Turning around, he saw the paramedic was looking at them with a soft smile, so tentatively returning the smile, he sat Arthit down.

"Khun, are his vitals okay?"

"His body is in a state of shock, which is normal. A thorough check in the hospital will tell us more."

"Okay! Give me a moment, please. I will come along!" turning to Arthit, he said, "Oon get in. Let's go to the hospital first!"

"But Kong, I am alright!"

"Oon!" Kongpob said sternly, and Arthit didn't object any further.

"Oh Khun Pok, your jacket!" Arthit turned around, remembering the good Samaritan, "Kong! This is Khun Pok. He was the one who helped me out of the car and kept me company till now."

Kongpob bowed deeply to thank him.

"Thank you, Khun Pok. I can't thank you enough for your help."

"Don't worry, Khun." Pok was embarrassed by Kongpob's display of respect.

"Kong, Khun Pok said he will be my witness," Kongpob nodded.

"Please give me a moment, Khun. I will have someone accompany you to the police station," and looked around to locate if P'Dan had arrived, only to find him walking towards them hurriedly.

"Arthit, are you alright?"

"I am, P'Dan. Thank you!"

"P'Dan, this is Khun Pok. He witnessed the entire accident, and he is willing to be a witness. Please take him to the police station with you while I accompany Arthit to the hospital. Khun Pok has taken care of Arthit, so please ensure that you take good care of him and get him whatever he needs."