Chapter Twenty-Four- The Raven Haired and Golden-Eyed Girl

Start from the beginning

"No, that won't be- Zayn, put me down!" Beka screamed, pounding her tiny fists on my back.

"Zayn, put you sister down." my father said authoritatively. "I will introduce you to young Ally, but you have to be sophisticated about it." Simon continued, and I nodded my head excitedly, obeying his commands. Simon left our tiny group, and went over to the girl. My heart started beating faster again, and I dropped Beka accidentally. She landed on her bottom, and groaned.

"That's going to leave a very big bruise." she said gingerly, rubbing her tailbone.

"Sorry." I apologized, helping her up.

Beka waved her hand in my face. "Yea, yea, love you to, now shut it. I'm going to give you some pointers." she said to me. She went quite, and looked around the room. I became agitated, and started tapping my foot.

"So, WHAT DO I DO?" I yelled.

Beka gave me an annoyed look. "Calm your farm. I'm thinking. Ok...when she comes over, introduce yourself. Just be you. It's not that hard." She said, stating the obvious.

I gave her a troubled look. "But what if she doesn't like me?" I asked nervously, fiddling with my fingers.

"She definitely will, Zayn. I have a good feeling about this girl." She said looking at Ally and Simon talking. I looked over as well, and found the girl looking at me. She smiled, and I smiled back nervously, before I faced Beka again.

"But what if she doesn't Beka?" I repeated, going into a state of panic again.

"Just do the same thing you did when you and I had the day together, you seemed just fine then." Beka said, struggling to give me suggestions and ideas.

"Yea, I would, but I was in love with you, and I spent hours in front of the mirror beforehand, rehearsing for that moment." I said, and tiny blush creeping through my tanned skin. I snuck a glance at Niall and Chance, but they were too developed in a conversation to be listening to us.

Beka sighed, tiredly, and pinched the bridge of her nose. She suddenly looked at me with a smile. "Ok, Zayn, I'm going to let you in on a little secret, but you can't tell anybody, ok?" My sister whispered, grabbing my attention straight away. She reached up to her hair, and pulled out a hairpin, holding it up so I could see it. "See this hairpin that I've got in my hand? It's my most prized possession, because it's given me so much luck through the years. I want you to have it for now, because you need it more than I do." Beka said passing it to me. I smiled, taking the pin and putting it in my pocket.

"It looks like a regular hairpin. Let's hope this works." I said confidently, before straightening out my shirt, as Simon began walking toward Beka and me, with the young girl, Ally.

"You'll be fine. I'll be standing with Niall and Grandfather if you need me." Beka said reassuring me.

Beka walked off, as Father and Ally reached me. "Zayn, I need to take care of some business, so why don't you talk to my dear friend here, Ally?" Father said making up an excuse to leave the two of us alone. I nodded playing along, and father disappeared into the crowd.

"Hi, I'm Ally." She said shyly.

"I'm Zayn." I said with a small wave. I almost fainted when I heard her voice. It was like soft velvet coming out of her mouth.

"Simon told me you were a big fan of books, Zayn, just like me." Ally questioned.

I nodded. "Yes I am. I have my own spot in the library where I sit by the fire and read on a rainy days." I smiled happily. "How do you know my father so well, yet I have never met you?"