Once-In-a-Lifetime Chance

April 14th, 1912- 6:16pm

The wind blowing my hair as I was running made me feel like a princess. My family didn't know where I was, but I didn't care- my only goal was to find Jack. I knew how much he wanted to be at the service with me. I rushed all the way from the stern to the bow, bumping my shoulder on quite a few rescue boats. As I approached the very front of the ship, a boy came into view, resting his arms on the rail.

"Jack!" I yelled as I saw him.

"You're here!" He turned from the bow.

"Of course I am, I had to find you somehow."

"Well yeah, but still!" He was just happy to see me.

"What're you doing here?"

"I was admiring the view. I was the best I could get when I was away from you."

I giggled at his remark. He was such a gentleman. "Shall we get going back?"

"No, not yet."

"Well, what're we going to do then?"

"Come here, do you trust me?"

"Yes, obviously."

I took Jack's hand and stepped in front of him. "Now, climb on the rail." Carefully, in my heels, I stepped where he told me to. He stood on the rail right behind and guided my arms out to my sides. He put his hands on my waist as to not let me fall.

It was the most amazing feeling in the world. I felt like was flying. The sunset made it that much more special; I smiled and tried to take it in as much as I could, since this was a once-in-a-lifetime chance. Although I couldn't see him, I knew Jack was looking at my reaction from over my shoulder, smiling. "I'm... flying!" I said. I looked at Jack, smiling the widest I ever had. We made eye contact as he leaned in.

His lips touched mine before I could even think about it. I tilted my head and we shared a long kiss under the sunset. The rush of endorphins made me feel like I could do anything on earth; and I possibly would. Yes, I had kissed a boy before, but never as passionate as this. I knew Jack felt the same as I was.

After a minute that felt like forever, Jack pulled away. We made eye contact one again and smiled together. After the ship docked, we wanted to buy a house of our own and spend the rest of our lives together- a plan that made no sense until now.

All of the sudden, a crew member spotted us.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing, young man?" He shouted to Jack. We stepped off the railing as I tried to explain, failing miserably. Jack looked at me for a second before we both started laughed. The crew member was too stunned to speak, so while we could, Jack and I bolted away. The member chased us, but couldn't catch up.

Before we knew it, Jack and I had been running around the whole ship for hours. True love could get you many places. When we knew the man couldn't find us anymore, We laughed on the top deck and kissed one again.

We were interrupted by a loud rumble and screech. We held hands and ran over to the railing, surprised by the sight of a large iceberg passing by. However, we had no time to think, because the crew member had finally found us. He put Jack in handcuffs and shoved him away.

"Y/n! Y/n!"

"Jack!"

I ran over to them and tried to push the man so he would let Jack go, but it didn't work. Jack was ushered away to somewhere I don't know.