"You promised her. I did a head movement."

"Seriously? What if you got caught? That would cause trouble."

"All the Azims are going the be in the Underground. The second floor would be cleared. Then we can sneak into the office and get what we need."

I was curious to know if Jason had any connections with Wade. It was highly unlikely because he doesn't seem like the type to betray anyone. Then again, I would have said the same thing about Lia, and look how she turned out. It wouldn't be much of a surprise if it was indeed Jason.

I wanted to believe that he was innocent, however, without evidence to prove his innocence; I will assume anything. Anything was possible. I have learned that much since I have been with the Three Rings. 

When we got we get into the building, the reception area was jam-packed with members. I spot Jordon directing them upstairs and the rest to the elevator. "Everybody to the fourth floor," He orders, his voice sounding regal.

"You two stay here. I have already called a meeting with the others," Before I could respond one of the members accidentally shove me. I tumble backwards and bump into someone. "Sorry," I told them apologetically, almost gasping when my dull brown eyes meet his bright hazel ones.

"It's all good," He flash his pearly white teeth and for a minute I was mesmerized. He walks in the direction of the elevator leading to the Underground.

"That was Emerson, Azim of War. Stop drooling it's embarrassing," Amelia points out.

"I wasn't."

"Oh really?"

We sit and wait until everyone move to the fourth floor, then take the stairs to the second floor. "You stay here while I go and search for some incriminating."

"I don't want to be the lookout," I complain.

"Do you want to look for?"

"Fine go but hurry."

Each second that pass I became paranoid and standing outside Daniel's office is a terrible idea. Someone is going to catch us. She has been in there for hours.

Actually.

It was only six minutes but it feels like hours. I pace back and forth past the door. Heavy footsteps came from the stairwell. Someone is probably on his way to the fourth floor; Daniel stops walking when he sees me.

"Jemi, what are you doing up here all by yourself? Are you okay?"

I tried to think of something to say. The words were too jumbled.

"Uh. I just wanted some alone time because I'm sad about my brother," I mean I was sad therefore it's technically the truth.  I put on the most depressing face that I could muster.

"Oh, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. I was just trying to protect you."

"I know" I try to find something else to talk about because I didn't want to discuss whatever it was that happened to Brandon. "Is Atticus here?"

"Yes he's in the Underground."

"Do you want to talk about Brandon " He scratches the back of his head. I could tell that, even with his mask on, I was making him uncomfortable. 

"Someday."

"Someday?" He leans on the wall across from the door. A crash came from inside the office it alerts Daniel "Is someone in my office."

"No," I say, quickly blocking the door from him. "It might be a rat or the wind."

"Move." Daniel advances towards the door but I stand my ground, preventing him from going into the office. "Move! This is no time for games Jemi!" He tries to pull me out of the way but I lay my hands flat on his chest and gripping his shirt. "Don't let me move you," He warns.

"Wait!"

He stops and folds his arms. "What is it?" His patience was dwindling by the second. I couldn't think of something to say. I ended up just staring at him.

"Okay move," He shoves me aside and opens the door, I follow him in closing the door behind me. Amelia wasn't there. She's probably hiding. The only place that was concealed was the table. Daniel moves towards the table cautiously and I begin to feel my anxiety spread through my veins. I grab his arm and he turns to me.

"What?" He asks annoyed.

Amelia crawls from under the table and starts going through the window. He was about to turn his head in her direction but I stop him by gripping his shirt pulling us closer to each other.

My face hit his torso, he places a hand on the small part of my back and sturdy us.

"What are doing Jemi?" His brown search my face for answer.

My hands wonders to the part of his mask that meets his neck, my fingers trembles as they hook the hem. I lift it over his chin, then his lips. His grip on my waist tightens and he closes his eyes.

A few more seconds I would know the identity of the man beneath the mask or at least how he looked.

A knock comes over the door and the masks stops at the bridge of his nose. Only the bottom half his of his face is showing. I reluctantly pull the mask back where it was.

He opens his eyes and cast glare at the door. His gaze softens when he looks down at me.

"Daniel everyone is waiting for you!" Asher shouts.

"I will find you when this is over."

He leaves.