Chapter 15

Amity's POV:

I didn't understand what was going on.

One moment, everything was going to plan... at least from the little that Luz told me of it.

Then the next, dad was shoving me and the twins out of the room.

The twins had to restrain me from running in and trying to help. I knew there wasn't really anything I could do but I needed to be there. I just knew it. They only let me go when everything was quiet and no movement was heard.

I ran in as quickly as I could. I had a bad feeling and I knew Luz needed me. I don't know how...but I knew.

When I got through the doors all I saw was mom and Luz laying on the floor. Luz was almost writhing in pain and mom was dead silent.

"Luz!" I kept repeating her name louder and louder, trying to wake her up but reluctant to touch her. I didn't want to cause more pain. Whatever she did may have hurt her more than I know of.

I tell her name one last time before she lets out a gasp, bolting up clutching her chest as she coughs.

"Remind me to never do that again, oh that hurt."

The twins rush in and slide over to her.

"Did you do it?!"

"Did it work!?"

They spoke at the same time as Luz tried to get up, failing each time. I hear a groan from behind me and turn to look.

"Why not ask her yourselves?" Luz says as she gives up and resigns to sitting on the floor.

"Oh my head..." Moms voice rings through the hall, softer than it was before. I gasp and go over to her.

"Mom?" I'm reluctant to do anything more because I don't know if it worked. I don't even know what Luz did! Mom sits up and looks at me. I gasp as I see her eyes changed, it was subtle but they were lighter in color and had this spark in them that hasn't been there in years. She gasps and looks at me, her eyes tearing up.

"Oh my little witchlet, look how big you've gotten..." she cups my cheeks and pulls me in, hugging me close. I start tearing up, it's been years since I've had a hug this warm...

"MOM"

"MOM"

The twins run to join the hug. Dad hesitantly joins after them as my fight against my tears is lost.

I was so lost in the moment that I never even heard Luz leave...

Normal POV:

As soon as I came to, I knew something had changed. My body didn't want to cooperate. I almost couldn't move.

When Amity ran over....it was like my energy was coming back. When their family moment started, I knew it was time for me to leave. I mustered up my last bit of energy and tried teleporting myself back to the Owl House. Risky given my condition but it was late and I needed sleep. I knew I was going to pass out at any moment. I needed to be quick.

My chest started hurting as I cast the spell. I knew I was probably going to be out of magic for a while but it was worth the risk. I grabbed the paper with Medusa in it and in seconds I was back in the owl house.

"Hey kiddo, how'd the party...." Eda walked in while speaking and stopped immediately as she took in my condition.

"Catch" was the only thing I was able to say as the paper I was holding started to burn, turning to ash, and everything started going black.

"LUZ"

A/N: Short I know but I haven't had a ton of time to write recently so sorry