Chapter 14

??? POV

Everything was black.

I couldn't hear.

I couldn't feel.

Then there was light.

I had no physical body.

I couldn't move.

But then the memory started playing.

I didn't want to watch this.

He had no right to call her daughter.

Not with what he did.

🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘

BANG

BANG

BANG

"OPEN THE DOOR BRAT I'M GONNA TEACH YOU A LESSON"

A man - no...he doesn't deserve to be thought of as human.

A monster pounded on the door.

A little girl, hiding in her closet, muffling her cries as she rocks herself back and forth. The pain from the burn on her stomach causing nothing but agony as she does so. She dare not scream. If she does she knows he'll make it worse. The banging gets louder and louder. Her mother still hasn't gotten back. she should be back. Why isn't she back?

"GET OUT HERE TWERP YOUR PUNISHMENT HASN'T STARTED YET"

the man's booming voice scaring her more and more, panic setting in as the door starts to splinter. I can do nothing but watch as the door starts to give. Breaking under the weight of the man's fist as blood starts to seep from the girl's wound. The scars that litter her body become more obvious to me as time goes on. Sirens are heard and the door finally gives out. He barges in as marching steps are heard. He trashes the room.

"GET OUT HERE YOU WASTE OF SPACE"

I try to close my eyes as the pain floods my mind.

He finds her.

The door to the apartment bursts open.

His hand closes on her throat.

Then.....white.

🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘🜘

That wasn't the last time he did that. There were 4 others. Each one is worse than the last.

"L...."

All of them haunt me more and more as time passes.

"Lu.....z..."

All of the pain inflicted by that monster....the scars marring my skin....I can never escape them.

"Luz.....Luz.....LUZ!"

The burning pain from every time he would hurt me....the fear of going home.....the shame of not being able to protect mom...... it all burns under my skin.....threatening to consume-

"Enough, child."

Everything goes to an orange tint and I can't help but stare at the being before me.

"Your time of fear and pain is over. Now is the time for you to change the outcome."

The room changes showing me another room. Amity crying over me. Trying to wake me up.

"You must be strong. Gain strength from those around you. Remember, child, you are never alone."

Everything goes bright and I hear her.

"LUZ"