41.

KINNPORSCHE THE NOVEL

CHAP. 41: WHAT IF...

------Porsche-----

"I knew it..."

I said slowly, with my eyes immediately filled with tears as all my piled-up emotions and frustrations burst out all at the same time. I only asked one thing at Kinn, to be honest with me. And I trusted him... foolishly trusted Kinn. But what did I get in return? Not only did he hide about Pete sneaking on Vegas'd lair alone, but also the fact that he was willing to risk everything just to get what he wanted. It already broke my heart when Pete almost died because of his (Kinn) desperation, but now that my parents... our home is involved, I think I'm gonna lose my shit.

"You made a fool of me, Kinn..."

I took hold of my head. My eyes were all blurry from the tears that won't stop coming out. I was, once again shattered, defenseless and weak in front of him. My hand gripped tightly on my hair and the other on my shirt. My chest is breaking, it was as if I'm back in the same situation again, as the wounds that haven't healed yet resurface in front of my eyes

"Porsche...please. It's all in the past now."

Kinn said, obviously shaken. He probably didn't expect me to be this fragile again, after that time that he almost lost me completely.

"That's the only memory left by my parents Kinn... the only one left...How dare you to threaten to get it from me?"

I bit my lip, as I tried to hold my emotions back.

"The very last one... why the fuck did you do that to me!?"

How dare you blackmail me when you are well aware that those are just empty threats?

I wanted to get angry. To curse at him, punch his face... but whenever my gaze met Kinn's, I always confuse myself.

"Pa wanted you to stay, because he knows that you're a good person, and he cares about you."

Kinn softly said, before slowly grasping both of my cheeks.

Lies.

"But why... why do you have to do that to me? Why do you have to blackmail and keep the truth from me? I know that I am naïve about how the Law works, but Kinn. This is me. This is my house, how dare you?"

I asked, with my voice raspy, as my body sank to the floor. Call me sensitive, but whenever it comes to my parents, I can't help but become emotional. To make matters worse, the last memory that they left us almost slipped out of my hand. Knowing that the main family was aware of it simply added to my humiliation. Those sleepless nights, the nonstop arguing, and even contemplating suicide because I couldn't bear the pain any longer... It was all in vain.

"But that house was already yours, Porsche. Pa already gave those back to you."

Kinn sat down in front of me and tried to hug me loosely.

"Yes! It is now mine. After all the trauma, the sleepless nights, and continuous thoughts to just end it all. Do you think it would be easy to forget all that?"

I pushed Kinn's chest, and he stumbled backward.

"Porsche, I'm sorry... I admit it. I knew about your uncle's debt all along. And how he used your house as collateral. I also know that the contract is void and at the right time, you will eventually have all the rights to get it back."

Kinn slowly explained as he pushed himself off the ground.

"Then why... Why did you trick me into working for you?"