Chapter 49

Avu was pregnant. First few days were good enough. Sid used to spend time with he talking to their baby. He even went for first check up with her. He was really excited for his baby. Avu was also happy. They were feeling content with each other and their soon newcoming member in family who would complete their small and beautiful family. That was what they thought. But soon Sid started spending more hours in office. He used to have more work. Avu of course needed proper diet and sleep. So she didn't use to wait for long. She used to eat and sleep early. Though she used to miss him by her side. Because of hormones, she wished to sleep in his arms and it really used to hurt her that he wasn't there to comfort her. He used to come late at night. Though he was working hard for his family's future but he failed to realize she needed him at the present moment.

One day, it was her appointment with doctor. She expected Sid will take leave for her. They had their breakfast and now she was sitting in hall waiting for him to get ready. He came out from room ready to leave.

Avu: Let's go

Sid: Where?

Avu: I have an appointment with my doctor today. Did you forget?

Sid: Oh yee. But I have an important meeting today

Avu: But Sid it's my appointment

Sid: I know but I can't miss my meeting

Avu: Par....

Sid: (cuts him) Please Avu. I am getting late. All the best. Don't worry and take care of yourself and our little baby

He left before giving her moment to respond. She felt really hurt. Her eyes got moistened. Thanks to her hormones and mood swings, it effected her even more. Her excitement also ended but she booked her cab and left for hospital as she knew it was important for her baby. She waited fir sometime in waiting area internally praying her baby to be healthy. A nurse called her after sometime. Doctor did her all tests. They both came and sat in

Dr.: Mrs. Nigam your husband?

Avu: He was busy

Dr.: But I think he should be here. I don't think there is anything more important in his life than this moment. But anyways there is something really important I need to share

Avu: What happened dr.? Is my baby alright? Is their something to worry?

She said in a worried tone by keeping her hand on his stomach.

Dr.: No Mrs. Nigam. Everything is perfectly fine. It's just that you are going to get double happiness

Avu: I didn't get it

Dr.: I mean you are pregnant with two children instead of one

She got really excited listening to doctor. Doctor smiled at her.

Dr.: Congrats

Avu: Th...thank you

She stammered while her eyes got teary. She felt Sid was beside her listening to this news. But she shrugged off that thought. Dr. gave her few instructions and she went home happily. She slept waiting for Sid today as she felt tired. Sid came home and checked her reports. He felt really happy. He kissed her forhead and went to sleep.

Next morning

She woke up and saw him sleeping beside her. She remembered she couldn't tell him about twins. She sighed and went to get fresh thinking she doesn't want problems when everything is coming on track especially when their children are soon gonna come in this world.

Sid woke up. He went in kitchen and hugged her and kissed her forhead.

Sid: I am so happy Avu that we are having twins

She forced a smile and nodded. He got ready and left for office. Avu also went to work. Months passed like this only. Sid used to be at work at most of the time. Rarely he used to come before she felt asleep. She used to sleep missing his warmth. Sometimes she even used to end up crying missing him. But everytime she tried to be happy for her babies. She was ignoring everything because she didn't want to fight and she knew he was at work.  For appointments, one or two times, he went with her.

Finally nine months passed and her due date was near but still there was time. Two weeks were still left. Sid was in office. Avu had taken holidays. Suddenly she felt her stomach paining. She ignored thinking it a false alarm. But then her water broke after sometime. She tried calling Sid but he didn't take calls. So she called her neighbor. He came quickly and took her to hospital and left. He tried calling Sid multiple times. But he didn't take. So he messaged him about Avu.

Avu was crying shouting for him.

With Sid

He was in a meeting and his phone was on silent. After coming out, he checked his phone and quickly went to hospital after informing his boss. His heart was beating so fast.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter