Chapter 48

Next morning

Avu was the first one to wake up. She realized they both were naked under blanket. She remembered their last night as drinks were not much strong to make her forget everything. She wasn't feeling awkward, angry or shy because it wasn't something new. Though they just had sex very few times that is during initial days as married couple. After that, they started having arguments every now and then. She had no problem in having physical relationship with Sid and it was both of them who did it.

She got up and went to washroom to get fresh. After sometime, Sid woke up. He also got fresh normally. None of them talked about last night.

Next few days were quite similar as before. They didn't talk much. Sid used to be late most of the time. By the time he used to come, he used to be extremely tired. They used to eat quietly. Both of them were feeling lonely inspite of being together. It was like paas hokar bhi ek doosre bohot door the.

After about 2 weeks, Avu was talking to Vaish on call after her office hours. Sid was still in office.

Avu: I missed my periods

Vaish: You should test then

Avu: Umm are you sure?

She asked nervously.

Vaish: What's wrong Avi?

Avu: I don't know. I am just scared

Vaish: Why?

Avu: I just don't know how to explain

Vaish: See don't worry. Even if it's negative you can try next time

Avu: No it's not that. I am not scared if it's negative. I am scared what if it's positive

Vaish: I didn't get it. You don't want children

Avu: I mean will we be good parents? Are capable of giving this child a good life

She said chewing her inner cheek controlling her sobs as tears rolled down her eyes because of fear and nervousness.

Vaish: Avu baby. Don't think like that. You guys will be amazing parents I am sure. Just don't worry about all this. You check it. All will be fine. Just trust yourself. Go for it bub. I trust you both

Avu nodded wiping her tears.

Avu: I will do it then

Vaish: All the best. All will be fine. Don't worry about anything

Avu: Okk. I will talk to you later

Vaish: Sure

Avu: Okk bye

Vaish: Bye

Avu went and got a pregnancy test. She read the instructions and did accordingly. She was sitting with her fingers crossed. She herself didn't know whether she wanted it to be positive or negative. Timer got completed and she saw and of course it was positive. Her heart skipped a beat. Tears rolled down her eyes. She kept her hand on her belly realizing there is living being inside her. Her baby. Though she wasn't prepared for it but still she felt happy. That moment holding that pregnancy strip in one hand and caressing her belly with another was the biggest moment in her life. She forgot every single problem of hers in that very moment. She didn't even want to think about anything else. That was the moment she never wanted to end. She was nervous, excited and what not. That mixture of emotions she was feeling. The motherly love. Her relationship with that small bean started that very moment.

She got her appointment immediately and went to hospital to confirm once. Doctor confirmed the news and congratulated her. She told Avu somethings she need to be careful of. Avu thanked her and left with a smile on her face.

She came home and prepared something sweet for her and Sid. She was waiting for him eagerly today. This was first time after marriage that she was waiting for him so happily. She was just wishing that he would be happy.

He came home at his regular time. He didn't notice her much. She had kept her pregnancy strip and reports along with his clothes. He got fresh and came out while drying his hair with towel as always. As he went to take clothes, he saw the reports and strip. Avu was standing in door waiting for his reaction. He turned around and looked at her. A smile crept on his face. No words were coming out of his mouth. He asked her through eyes if it's true. She nodded with a smile and teary eyes. He looked back at pregnancy strip with teary eyes and huge smile. He ran towards her and hugged her tightly. He kissed the top of her head. He sat on his knees and moved her top a bit up and placed a kiss on his belly and hugged her in same position. She was caressing his hair.

Sid: Baby your dad is eagerly waiting for you. Come sooooonnnnn please

That night they sat and talked planning about them and their baby. But God had another plans. Their future was written much differently from how they wanted.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter