You Hung the Moon

Start from the beginning

He turns to the man to introduce himself. "I'm Freya's brother. And you are? No, don't tell me. Let me guess-- Brad? Chad? Brody? Let's go with Brody. What are your intentions for my sister? Shall we discuss a dowry?" Klaus asked. He lets his hybrid-eyes slip out for just a moment, which scares Freya's suitor. "Bro, what the...?" The man asked. "Leave. Now." Klaus said. Brody" rushes out of the compound without another word, and Klaus laughs in amusement, and though Freya gives him a look, it's clear that she thinks it's funny as well. Daniel heard the whole thing and walked out into the courtyard chuckling. "How's Hope?" Klaus asked. "She fine." Daniel said.

Klaus then turned back to Freya. "He was drunk! No one will believe his story." Klaus said talking about the man. Freya smiled. "Not three months ago, you utterly despised me, and now you're playing protective brother." Freya said. "That's Klaus." Daniel said. "I'm sure you're quite capable of protecting yourself against the scourge of Fraternity Row." Klaus said ignoring Daniel's comment. Klaus pauses for a moment, and his tone becomes serious. "I need you to perform a locator spell. Hayley's missing." Klaus said. Freya stares at him. "You're worried about her." Freya said.

"I prefer to know the whereabouts of my enemies. Besides, Hayley has a history of taking what's mine." Klaus said playing tough. Klaus walks away, hoping to avoid a discussion, but Daniel knows better. "No. You're afraid she's truly lost." Daniel said knowing he's right. Klaus turns to face Daniel, looking unamused, and Daniel raised an eyebrow at him, so Freya changes the subject. "I'll need the best connection to Hayley. You'll have to wake Hope." Freya said. Klaus nods in agreement. "Seriously? I just got her to go to sleep." Daniel said.

Later

Klaus is pacing anxiously with Hope in his arms while Freya prepares to do the locator spell to find Hayley. Daniel is there so Freya can channel him. She spreads a circle of black sand on a map held down with lit candles and mutters the incantation under her breath. "Vinde val tratunderes. Vinde val tratunderes." Freya chanted. Suddenly, Freya gasps loudly as her eyes fly open. It's obvious by the look on her face that something isn't right. Klaus looks at her with concern. "I can't find her." Freya whispered.

"There's nothing-- ... It's like she doesn't exist." Freya said. Klaus' eyes widen in alarm and goes into shock. Daniel takes Hope into his arms so Klaus can process the information and Hope chews on her fingers in his arms. "...Or she's dead." Klaus said. Suddenly, Jackson and Elijah return, the former of whom refuses to believe this news. "No! No. No. You have to find her." Jackson said. Freya, who is clearly upset and trying to catch her breath, looks at him with wide eyes. Klaus is pacing anxiously when Jackson suddenly yelps in pain as he starts to turn back into a wolf. Freya, realizing what's happening, quickly stands to her feet to help. "Klaus, the chains!" Freya exclaimed.

Daniel is still holding Hope while Klaus chains Jackson up in the courtyard by the wrists. Jackson is desperately pleading with Freya as his bones snap and reform. "Freya, please! Please do the spell again! I can't go a month withou-- AHH!" Jackson cut himself off by a groan of agony as he continues to shift back into a wolf, and Freya looks guilty to not be able to help him more. Jackson groans for another moment until the pain evaporates, and he gasps in relief. Freya, Daniel  and Klaus look at him in confusion. "It stopped..." Jackson said surprised.

Later

Daniel has just put Hope in a small playpen, where she lays down on the floor. As he watches her, Klaus, stood in the doorway watching, pulls out his phone and dials Lucien's number. "I taught you better than to leave your leftovers in the street! My streets." Klaus said into the phone. "You'll have to elaborate, mate." Lucien said on the other end. "Two bodies were found sporting rather memorable lacerations. Are you exorcising your demons by carving up the innocents of New Orleans?" Klaus asked.