××Chapter 7××

(August)

Ma'kayla been killin me with this job of hers its been a month now I know she gotta get her money and that's her hustle but a nigga missin her you know.?

She suppose to be coming over today and she doesn't have work because its a sunday as usual but today ima talk to her.

"Hey babe" she said walking in the house

"Hey Kayla"

"What's wrong.?" She asked walking over to me

I shook my head givin her a signal that nothing was wrong but she side eyed me.

I can't even talk to her, I can't even tell her how I'm feelin because I'm scared to show how I feel scared, and I never been scared of shit in my entire life but now I'm scared of what she will say, I'm scared that she might even leave me for messin wit her grind because all those nights I leave and go do my shit she was prahbaly feelin the same and not once did she try and fuck wit my grind.

I ain't sayin I love her but I'm scared to lose her,but if I did I would know how to bare because I lost a lot of mutha fuckas in my life and that's why I don't get attached to people but getting to know Ma'kayla, I didn't know o would get attach and usually I would cut this shit right then and there before our relationship but I just feel something when I'm with Ma'kayla that I never felt before and not to mention she told me about her while life and I told her about mine, what if she uses it against me, to hurt me, to betray me. I ain't saying I doubt her or anything I'm just questioning this shit because I'm just going on with my life not knowing what's goin to happen next with her in it,before I had planned I was gon get out the game after I get this paper but with her it's different, I wanna make different choices, not that she underestimates me or anything just that she gives off that energy that encourages me to do better, not for her but for myself and I just don't know what it is plus she's underaged and I could actually be in trouble but in 2 months she turns 18 and graduates and she's planning to get up at her momma crib because now that she got that otha job, sjit only gettin worse her mom not only buyin rocks word on the street is that she poppin molly now too and that shit can fuck you up and make you do some shit you don't wanna do and I felt help less towards Ma'kayla because she does her own thing like she a grown ass woman she independent ass hell and she was book smart and street smart but she sure as hell wasn't smarter than me in these streets but she was in them books and that's kinda why we work out I need some of her and she need some of me, don't get me wrong I ain't usin her at all or nun that's just the way we work.

"Well,since you have all that healthy stuff I brought ice cream and root beer and love and basketball AND i brought you those black socks you kept forgetting to get,we can make root beer floats and watch this movie and I don't have school tomorrow I told my mom I'm staying at Brianna's because we have a project to do and its due tomorrow" she said smiling

"Coo"

"August I might not know you like the back of my hand but I know you well enough to know when somethings wrong with you"

"Look ain't nothin wrong you been gettin weird and I ain't wit that aight.? So ima need you to chill out" I said walking away

This shit was killin me but I had to stick to what I promised myself in order to keep my shit together and keep myself from gettin hurt and shit like that I wasn't tryna disrespect her or nun but i just needed some to say to get her off my back

"August, I'm sorry for asking you what's wrong and all that, I don't want you to be mad at me" she said sitting next to me on the bed when I didnt say anything she shook her head and got up