23: Equal

River sat in her dinner room at the head of the table with her hands knotted together on the table in front of her. This wasn't a very formal interview, as she was wearing sweatpants, a tank top, and her hair was running wild, but then again, she typically didn't do formal interviews. She took a look at the person and decided if it would work out based on that.

"So," River started, taking in Loki's appearance first. She would make out just fine as a bartenders, or a cage dancer, depending on her interest. She then looked to James. He would do fine as a bartender as well, or a bouncer. She saw him less as a dancer, as they didn't really employ male dancers. It wasn't that they were against it, but it wasn't what people came to the club for. "I hear that you two are interested in a position at Deviant." Both nodded their heads.

Out of the corner of her eye, River could see Kyu Ree and Taeil peeking out of Kyu Ree's room towards them. She scowled, and the door closed abruptly. "I'm sure Kyu Ree told you that there are three positions opened. We're offering positions for bartending, bouncers, and dancers." She unknotted her hands and examined her nails. "I assume you live in the area."

Loki shook her head. "We both live a few towns over, however we're completely willing to drop everything and move here for this job." River's eyes widened and she looked up at Loki, who shrugged her shoulder. "We don't have much tying us down, and we're kind of spontaneous, so we're completely willing to move here on the spot for this job."

River's jaw dropped. "How far away do you live?"

"Chuncheon-si," James answered. "It's not too far but," He looked to Loki and both shrugged, so he turned back to River and smiled. "We aren't there a lot anyways, so it wouldn't really mean much for us if we just up and left."

River nodded. "Do you need help finding a place to stay then?"

"We like this building," Loki added. "Is there any openings?"

River's surprise disappeared. Did they know how much she paid for this apartment? It was expensive to live in the building she was in, and they would not be making enough, just moving from out of Seoul and working only as a bartender, bouncer or dancer. "Uhm, I don't know if this building is a good place for the two of you," Both made shocked, almost offended, faces. "I don't mean like you personally don't fit in here, but you... wouldn't make enough money working at the club to keep a place like this."

James laughed lightly, and then it became loud, booming. "Oh River," He said, wiping beneath his eye as if a tear had formed there. "This job is just play. My father is a CEO of an international business corporation, and my mother is an ambassador." He shrugged his shoulders. "We can keep this place easy."

"Oh!" River said, straightening. "Then of course, there's a few places. I can always speak to the building manager and ask him to give you a walk through of the open apartments."

Loki smiled. "Sounds great."

River nodded, looking down at her hands. "Well, uh, what are your hours?"

Both Loki and James shrugged and stated "We're free."