22: No Joke

James didn't seem to mind that Kyu Ree didn't really want to talk, and he instead sang along, incredibly tone deaf, to the music that he'd decided to blare. Kyu Ree smiled happily, watching trees, buildings and streets fly by the window of the car.

A ringing filled the car, and Kyu Ree turned to look at James. He stared at the screen on the dashboard and sighed. "Sorry, give me a second," Kyu Ree nodded, noting that the name that had appeared on the screen said 'Loki'. He pressed the green answer button. "What kind of trouble have you gotten yourself into today, Miko?"

There was a sigh on the other end of the line. "I may or may not have been let go from my job. Could you please just come pick me up?"

James looked to Kyu Ree, who shrugged and nodded. "Yeah, gimme a minute. I'm a bit away."

"Did you escape the ceremony in one piece?"

"Sure as hell did! I'll tell you all about it when we come to get you." James said, smirking at Kyu Ree.

The other line was silent for a minute. "We?"

"I've got someone important here that I want you to meet."

River and Akito had ended up staying awake until nearly noon, watching movie after movie until, finally, River begged him to turn the TV off, and then the two passed out on the couch, since River refused to take his bed, and he refused to sleep in his bed with her on the couch.

Due to this, it was almost eight when she returned home. She opened the door, singing to herself, as she kicked off her shoes and strode towards her bedroom. "Whose pajamas are those?" A voice asked, cutting through her happy mood.

She shrieked, spinning around to find Taeil sitting on the couch with Kyu Ree's tablet on his lap. He smiled. "When the hell did you get here?" She asked, putting a hand to her chest.

"The other night," Taeil answered, swiping at the screen. "But you didn't answer my question."

River sighed and rolled her eyes. "I don't see why I have to. This is my apartment, and my rules state that I do what I want."

"You've made rules?" Taeil asked, laughing.

River nodded. "And all who enter must abide by them." She turned towards him and began to count off her fingers. "River does what she wants when she wants, River comes and goes when she wants, River eats whatever is in the house, regardless of who bought it excluding banana milk because I like my head where it is thanks-"

She didn't even get to finish her list of fictitious rules, as Taeil was already laughing wildly. He shook his head, covering his mouth and moving the tablet away from his lap. "The fact that banana milk made it into the oh so serious list of rules just proves that the obsession has taken it too far."