𝐈𝐈𝐈

Génesis POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

After taking the time to eat a proper meal and finally get an adequate amount of water in my system, it felt like my head finally began to slow down. I had a million thoughts going in my head and all were surrounded by finding Paloma and bringing her home. If I didn't find something within the next few hours to lead us in the right direction I was going to snap. Going on a killing spree to avenge Matías when he was "killed" was going to look like child's play compared to what I was willing to do to bring Sof home.

While in the shower I had plenty of time to come down to a few suspects and families that would have initiated an attack like such. We collectively as a family had plenty of enemies, but there was only a few who didn't have morals and would stoop as low as to taking and possibly hurting a child.

The thought alone of her being hurt or maybe even worse was enough to make my stomach turn. I couldn't begin to imagine the type of trauma she was possibly facing and the fact that it was basically all my fault for bringing her here. I'm sure leaving her where she would've been a big mistake. However, I'm not too sure her being here either is the best idea, maybe I could find a better family off the grid for her to go be with-.

"Conejita, we need to go." Before being able to self-destruct in my thoughts any further I heard Aurora's voice from behind me snapping me back to reality.

The reality that Sof was still missing and needed to be found. Immediately.

"Sorry, I was-," again cut off before I could put anymore harm to my brain with my own thoughts.

"No apologies needed, I know exactly what you're doing, and this isn't all your fault," Aurora started while approaching me from my bedroom door. "We're all family here and one's enemy is all our enemy, by way...this falls on all of us and Paloma is all our family and we're all going to work to get her home in one piece. Nothing more nothing less. Bueno?"

Sadly, smiling through my tears, I nodded my head letting her know I heard everything she said, even if I couldn't verbally say it. It felt like someone was strangling me with barb wire every time I thought about the fortune of events that took place. Knowing Paloma was missing was one thing, but then remembering Camilla died trying to protect her broke my heart even more.

Blinking away my tears, I tucked my hair behind my ears trying to gain some sense of grounded feeling before returning to the others. I knew the slightest sign that I was any more disturbed or upset was going to send off Mat's radar and make him even more concerned than he was about me. Right now, I needed him focused on nothing but find Paloma and frankly that's where I needed everyone's focus.

Nodding to Rora signaling to her that I was ready to leave, we started to head our way out of the bedroom and downstairs to the main security office where everyone was waiting.

"Were they able to gather all the files I asked for?" I asked Aurora as we bound the last railing to descend the final flight of stairs.

"Yes, we're all still mildly... well highly confused with why or what you wanted with them, but we figured it was for good reason. I chose more so not to question you and how your brain works, usually results in my brain hurting."

We chuckled slightly at her comment, but it immediately fell flat when we heard slightly elevated voices coming from the security room. We glanced at each other and rushed towards the commotion to find Mateo rustling up one of the guards we rushed past on our way in.

"So, you're telling me a highly trained operative as yourself couldn't fight off one single soul who showed up here." Mateo said basically spitting fire behind every word he spoke. He was past the point of reasoning and I'm sure none of us where in the position to deter him from finding out answers in his own method.

Truth be told though, now, I wasn't too mad at his approach as I usually would be.

Anything that brought us one step closer to finding Sof I was all for it and finding out if there were any traitors amongst us was a necessity as well.

Especially now.

"Teo," you could hear Rora warn from behind the group. However, Mateo's attention didn't deter away from the direction of the guard. He wanted answers and he was determined to get them by any means necessary, which I was thankful for.

But who was this turning us into.

"Answer, or you know the direction this is going to go into," Mateo warned finally. I watched him clench his fist and at first glance I didn't notice the gold-plated brass knuckles he had pressing into his swollen fingers. In which his hand looked swollen from punching a wall of some sort.

But just before he could use them, the guard took head to the circumstance as well and broke from fear. "They threatened my wife and children, I don't directly know who they are, and I only gave them basic information. Nothing too detrimental, lo juro."

Without knowing, my body moved faster than my mind was processing and faster than I could catch up. Before I knew it, I was grabbing the gun from Mateo's waist and putting a bullet between the guards' eyes, returning the gun to Mateo's hip and making my way to the security room. All I could register was sets of footsteps following behind me with urgency to catch up.

"Yes, well your daughters missing she's not inclined to forgive traidores either, or do I expect her too." Aurora's voice rolled in from behind me in which I figured she was speaking to Matías, hence the sigh he let off. But as she said, our daughter was missing and anyone who got in the way of me finding her or was the cause of it was going to die.

"What was found? And speak quickly I don't have all day." I spoke firmly and quickly, even though on the inside all I wanted to do was breakdown.

The entire room nodded, understanding the situation and partially from fear of hearing a gunshot from the other room and not wanting to be next, for any reason.

"We're not sure who she is directly yet, but she is known as a vigilante. She's a ghost and has never been picked up on camera... that was until now. The cameras you had installed while sir was gone worked as intended boss. She knocked out the power but since they're solar paneled they still had backup power." The lead investigator speaks filling the room with information that was found motioning to the big screen in the room, as we all motioned our attention.

We saw a fair skinned woman standing outside while she orchestrated and directed her men on every movement. You then see the guard I had just killed bringing out Sof which immediately caught my attention, now I for sure won't be feeling guilty for killing him. Starting to wish I gave him a slower death.

Once Sof was in the car she left.

"License plate tracing?" Mat spoke up from beside me, I glanced at him, and he was visibly furious which was understandable. He was showing what I refused to let be visible to the room.

"She used unmarked and fake plates, however, she's not smarter than us," the lead investigator spoke up once again. He motioned again towards the monitor, "last ping for the license plate being picked up by a camera before she switched them out was this mechanic shop. However, make and model of her car was traced back to this building, hasn't moved in the last few hours."

"Load everyone up that can be trusted, kill whoever can't be trusted. We leave now, I'm getting my daughter back tonight." I said, grabbing my jacket and leaving the room yet again hearing the same group of footsteps follow me.

"Con-," I cut Aurora off before she could tell me to slow down.

"Don't talk me out of this, I'm getting my daug-," she cut me off in return, motioning something towards me.

"You need you gun gorgeous." I smiled slightly at her nodding, taking the gun from her hand holstering it to my leg.

"Let's go get our Paloma." Mat said before grabbing my hand and leading me out the house.

By any means necessary. I was bringing my daughter home.