𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞

Unknown POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Excuse me talking out of turn... but why are we going through all this trouble of taking the girl? Why don't we just attack them head on."

I sighed standing, putting out my cigar and standing from my comfortable seat behind my desk, I walked over to my younger brother. Smacking him across the face with the back of my hand I waited for him to recover before speaking.

Making my way around my desk I stood before him glaring at him, for someone with such disrespect for me he had the nerve to be my height. Can't say I'm surprised though; he's always been mouthy since we were young. All the trouble he endured you'd think he'd learn his lesson, when in turn he actually had just gotten worse.

"I will never understand why you insist on questioning me or talking out of turn hermano. I would've thought all that extra practice Father used to give you... you'd learn to wait your turn. But I guess not, hm?"

Walking over to the other end of my office, where my liquor was held on the table. I poured myself a glass of Mezcal, taking it back allowing the burn to engulf me with a weird calming I sat my glass down and turned back towards my brother who was now standing upright as if he had actually gained some sense.

"However, our long-lost brothers are going to be at war with one another, meanwhile we'll be ruining both their little families from the inside out. It's a perfect plan. The Reyes-Cabrera have shown they're very smart, almost too smart. But they have a lot of faults when it comes to trusting one another."

I turned back around to pour another drink pouring my brother one as well, he irritated me to a fucking extreme, but he was still my brother after all.

Not out fault that our father was nothing more than a liar, cheater and a sorry ass excuse for a fucking man.

Walking to my brother with both glasses and handing him one he graciously accepted. As he took a sip, I glanced at the side of his face and saw his face, his cheek was extremely red, and I felt a slight twinge in my heart.

Part of me knew that in this business everything was cut and dry, but a part of me also hated the fact that every time I turned around, I was acting just like my father.

I'm not even sure how that man managed to live all of these different lives and have so many children across South America.

In fairness, I've already killed four of my other 'siblings', but these last two that were living was going to be so much more glorifying. These were the two who always meant more to him than my brother and me.

Well actually, from what I've read through my father's journals, he hated Tomás. He was a mistake, according to my father we all were, and he wishes we never existed. But Tomás was the one he hated the most, sending him off to live with his mother and stepfather was the best idea in the world to him.

He could start his legacy over and try again, only thing was he wasn't expecting to meet Matías' mother and our mother at the same time. Sadly, and sickly enough, he actually fell in love with Matías' mother.

Tuh. Fucking Matías.

His golden boy if you will. On the inside it wouldn't have seemed like my father gave a damn about him in the slightest, compared to the punishments my brother and I endured, his was a walk in the park. Being left outside with no food? Cake walk.

Try being beaten so badly by your father at four years old your rib breaks and punctures your lungs. Now you're a fucking asthmatic and any chances of playing any sports is out the window.

Had I been given the chance to, I would've taken up track. I don't care how disapproving it is within this business. But dreams come and die.

Matías, was the one he wanted, the one he needed, the one he wanted to take over his business. Carry down his legacy and pass it on to his children. He is currently living my fucking dream. I was supposed to carry it on alongside my twin brother. And to think Matías never wanted to be in this life at all.

Now he has the business, the alliance, the wife and the kid. Oh, well... actually I have the kid.

Laughing to myself my brother looked from his glass with a raised brow looking at me in confusion. Shaking my head to differ the conversation I continued on.

"And if you must know hermano, we're going to give her back unharmed and untouched. So, if you think about going down there and doing anything funny, please note that at the end of the day I am still a woman who will protect an innocent child at any cost, even one that I kidnapped. I hope you hear me when I say this, I will kill you if you harm her in anyway."

With a sadistic smile I finished my glass, watching him gulp heavily in fear. He nodded his head signaling that he understood and with that we moved on. I gave him my empty glass and began collecting my belongings.

A war was brewing, and I was the one who was going to cook up the entire thing to be in my favor.

I waited for my brother to return the glasses before giving him a list of tasks I needed him to handle. They were dummy tasks of course, this war was too important for him to be handled with anything actually hands on, I needed this entire thing to go smoothly.

Because once all was said and done, the only ones left standing would be the Botello's.

And the whole world would know it by time I'm finished.