Nightmares

~Ben~

I had no idea that one act would lead to this. Just one. And just with that one act, my brain has somehow came to a realization. I felt a warm smile creep onto my face as I returned to reality. I looked over at Yaz, who has fallen asleep. She looked so peaceful.

"OOooOOOOOoOooOoooooOooo. . . . ." (I'm so sorry for doing that, I had to TvT) Kenji quietly said, giving me a smirk. I look back towards him with a harsh glare, my eye twitching. 

"Looks like someone has a crush," Brooklynn whispered. My face burned even more.

"W-what are you talking about?" I stammered, trying to lie. It obviously didn't work.

"We've seen the way you look at Yaz." Kenji pointed out.

"And the way you've interacted with her," Sammy chimed in, keeping quiet to make sure Yaz doesn't wake up.

"We're not oblivious, Ben. We know you like her," Darius said with a smile. 

"I do not." I said stubbornly, crossing my arms and closing my eyes. 

"Yes, you do." they all said in unison.

"I'm not going to say it again. I don't have a crush on Yaz." I huffed. Although my thoughts said otherwise, I didn't want everyone else to know. I know that I like. . .no, not like. I know that I love her, and that won't change, but I'm not ready to tell everyone else.

"There is enough evidence to prove that you do," Sammy said.

"Then prove it." I retorted, opening my eyes and giving everyone an angry look.

"While we were on the boat, you had saved her from submerging into the water by catching her wrist. Just before the Mosasaur destroyed our boat, you wrapped your arms around her protectively. You stayed like that the entire time, since your arms were still wrapped protectively around her when we were on shore." Sammy said, reminding me of that. "I witnessed the entire thing."

"You carried her bridal-style during the sandstorm." Darius pointed out.

"The fact that you led the saber-tooth away from everyone, but most specifically Yaz." Kenji pointed out. I never thought he was that smart to figure that out.

"And how you had one arm wrapped protectively around her waist, with your other hand on her shoulder and constantly comforting her when she needs comfort and support." Brooklynn said.

"There. There's your evidence." Kenji said, leaning back against the couch. 

"Okay! Fine! I love her." I whisper-yelled, admitting my feelings for Yaz in defeat.

~Yaz~

I decided to walk around the forest for a bit, since I couldn't sleep and needed fresh air. There was a cool breeze blowing through my hair as I took deep breaths and close my eyes. My attention was turned to the calming sound of water, so I walked in that direction. 

It was a waterfall.

I've been wanting peace and quiet for a while now. 

And I got it. 

The sun was beginning to rise over the horizon, birds flying through the air. Squirrels scavenging for food and climbing trees. Brachiosaurus munching on leaves, bees buzzing in the distance. 

It felt safe here.

But it also felt like something was missing. . .or someone. Before I could think about it more, everything changed.

All the wildlife seemed dead and trampled over. There were bloodied birds and animals scattered everywhere. No more of the calming sound of the waterfall. It seemed as if I teleported to a completely different area. 

Then I heard rustling in the bushes. 

I immediately looked behind me in fear. Something was dragging another thing, but I could faintly see a trail of blood from whatever was being dragged. When it came into sight, I stared in horror, tears flowing down my face like a river.

The small body of a young Ankylosaur was dragged by a T-Rex. A large trail of blood followed it, and the T-Rex stopped right in front of me, showing me the Ankylosaur. 

All of its bones and organs were visible. . .blood coated the Ankylosaur's insides and it's skin. Parts of its digestive system was hanging out of it's body and was completely destroyed. One of its legs were bitten off, and one of its arms was twisted the wrong way.

I stepped back slowly, but the last step I took, I fell down the cliff. Before I could hit the ground. . .

I woke up, panting heavily and slightly sweating.

"Yaz!" I heard Ben whisper-yell to me. He was the only person awake, everyone else was asleep. I could still feel tears rolling down my cheeks, and Ben embraced me into a warm hug. I just broke down crying into his shoulder since I couldn't help it anymore. 

"I-i'm f-fine. . ." I stammered between sobs. "I've j-just been h-having n-nightmares. . ." I felt his hand rest gently against my head as he kept me close to him.

"If your nightmare was that bad, then you're not doing so well." he softly pointed out. I nodded in defeat, but he continued to mildly soothe me with his words. "It's going to be okay Yaz. . .I'm here for you."