Chapter 8: Memories

~A/N~
Angst at first, but wholesomeness at the end. Also, 200+ views! This is awesome! Tysm! I'd like to thank AlfredoCats yamatofan and Phebbs22 for the support! You people are awesome, and I hope you have a good day! >w< Also, number 9 in Uzi fanfics! Awesome!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

~N's pov~

Uzi had been using the scrap metal to fix the landing pod, and she seemed to get more frustrated the more often she had to rely on me to help her cut a piece of scrap down to size or help her in any way.

I decided to go hunt and give her a break from me, but when I got back she was still mad. I heard a yell so I walked into the pod, wondering why she was so mad. "Uzi, everything okay?" I looked around wondering why it seemed quieter.

"Yeah. I'm fine, N." She said and her voice broke. I rushed over to her and scooped her up in my arms. "Whay happened, Uzi?" I asked. She was crying, tears stained her face as she buried her head into my coat and sobbed.

I pet the back of her head and hummed a slow tune. After a few minutes, she calmed down. She looked up at me. "What is it?" I asked her. "I saw my da- Khan. I saw Khan yesterday. He was out looking for scrap to fix the doors and he saw me." Uzi explained.

"H-he asked me who I was, N." Uzi shook her head and took an uneasy breath. "I yelled that I was his daughter, and he looked shocked. He said that he recognized me now, and that I-" Uzi's voice cracked "that I don't matter anymore because he has his doors."

I pulled Uzi closer to my chest and let her cry. After a moment she pulled back and wiped her eyes. "I went back to the colony to get some of my stuff, and I found a picture of my mom in Khan's wallet." Uzi continued telling her story.

I nodded and stroked her back. "And the picture reminded me of what he always told me. He told me that I couldn't get to her fast enough when the Murder Drone attack came, and that was the reason she died. Khan always said that no matter how hard I tried, I would always be the one who ruined his life." She finished.

"Uzi, you were only a child when that happened. There's nothing you could've done. Khan just needs someone to blame, and you were the easiest person to pin the blame on. You did nothing wrong." I said and kissed her forehead.

She clung to my coat, seeming tired. "Do you want me to take you back to the tower so that we can cuddle in bed?" I asked. Uzi nodded. "Yeah, that'd be nice."

I scooped Uzi up in my arms and flew towards the tower. I scanned the ground below, but couldn't find Thad or V. 'They're capable adults, they can care for themselves.' I reminded myself as I flew into my room's exterior entrance.

I laid Uzi down in my bed and joined her. I pulled her close so her face was on my coat. Something poked at my stomach. "What's in your pocket?" I asked her.

Hee head shot up, and she looked embarrassed. "J-just something I picked up at the colony. No big deal." She deflected. I rolled my eyes. "When you say it like that it makes it sound like a big deal! Now can I see please, Biscuit?" I begged Uzi.

Uzi reached into her pocket, looking defeated. Seconds later the thing poking me was brought to the surface. It looked like a spiked collar, and there was a leash too. "Did we get a pet?" I asked her.

Uzi looked away, embarrassed. "No... I... I was thinking maybe I could... I don't know never mind." Uzi gave up trying to explain herself. 'Oh! I remember she said something about putting her on a leash before! Maybe this is it?' I wondered.

Uzi put the leash back into her pocket and gave me a quick kiss. "Hey N, wanna go outside and play in the snow? I-I never got to as a kid." Uzi asked me.

My eyes lit up and my tail started wagging. "Yes!" I responded excitedly. Uzi patted my head and pulled her into a tight hug. "We should try and ask Thad and V to have a snowball fight with us!" I chirped.

Uzi's face seemed to light up happily, "Yeah! Let's do it!" Uzi pulled me into a kiss before challenging me "Race you down!" She pushed me back before scurrying down to the ground floor. She had gotten really good at maneuvering throughout the tower over the past few days.

I leaped out of bed and bounded down the walls on all fours. I reached the bottom, but Uzi was already there. She shushed me as I walked over to her. She was peeking around a corpse and looking at something, so I joined her.

Thad had V pinned against the wall of an abandoned building by her wings and was biting her. "How was that?" I heard Thad ask. V nodded, "It was good, and I see why Uzi likes it so much now, but I think I prefer being Dom with these things."

V's visor changed to an X as she flipped Thad to be the one pinned against the wall. "I think I prefer this too" Thad flirted. "Should we be watching this?" I asked in a low tone. Uzi shook her head. "I'm just gonna be the embodiment of karma here" She said, stepping outside to repay the favour V had done us when she interrupted us.

V heard the snow crunch beneath Uzi's feet and whirled around. She looked ready to attack, but the aggression turned to embarrassment when she realized it was just Uzi.

"Oh. Am... Am I interrupting?" Uzi asked, feigning innocence. "No! Not at all!" V said, covering Thad's mouth as he tried to say yes. "You two got together?" I asked, stepping into the moonlight.

Thad nodded, pushing away V's hand from his mouth. "Well, we wanted to ask you guys if you wanted to so a snowball fight?" I chirped. V looked at Thad and he shrugged.

"Alright." V said. "You're on."