Chapter 7: Healing

~A/N~
TYSM FOR OVER 100 VIEWS! I honestly wasn't expecting more than seven or so, and it's awesome that people are reading this! Thank you!
--------------------------------------------------------

~Thad's pov~

I leaned into V's side, my chest still sore from when she stabbed me. 'She's changed. She listened to me talk, and she began to understand emotions. She's learning to handle being able to feel, and I want to help her. I like her, honestly.' I thought with a smile.

I was about to pretend to stretch so I could put my arm around her, but she leaned back and made me fall into her lap. My visor heated up. I was about to sit up when V asked, "Thad? Can I play with your hair? It looks soft." Her voice was quiet and shaky. 'Is she afraid I'll tell her no and push her away, or is she scared that she'll hurt me? Maybe she's nervous about my head in her lap?'

I nodded gently. "Yeah, of course V." She sighed, seeming to be relieved. I took my football cap off and felt my hair poof out in all directions. V tried to smother a laugh. "Hey! I'll have you know there's a reason why I always wear the hat! And... This is the reason... Wow that went nowhere." I said, s realizing my attempt to decent myself backfired.

V actually let out a laugh now. I closed my eyes as she laced her hands in my hair. She ran her hand through my hair a few times before petting it and continued this pattern. I heard a soft rumble come from her chest. "A-are you purring...?" I asked, surprised a deadly weapon would have that capability. V nodded slowly, looking embarrassed.

"When a Disassembly Drone is very exited or feeling a lot of emotions while thinking a bunch, then their engine will start to overwork itself and rumble. So, kinda purring." V explained. "Oh... wait. I'm sorry, is it annoying? I-I can't really stop it, it's just something we do. I-I'm sorry." V looked sad now.

"Hey it's okay" I tried to put my hand on her head and pet her hair, but I couldn't reach. "I think it's cute." I said, no doubt blushing. Her tail swished around rapidly behind her and her engine rumbled louder. "It'll be awkward, but... Maybe you'd like to switch spots?" I asked her.

V nodded, so I sat up and let her maneuver around until she comfortably laid down in my lap. I was scared at first, but her hair was soft and it was quite nice to just sit and pet her hair. I gently stroked down the sides of her hair and decided I'd try something and see how she reacted.

I rubbed her scalp and stroked her hair, effectively messaging her head. She closed her eyes and her leg softly thumped on the ground like when you pet a dog in just the right spot. After a few minutes of this her mouth opened and she started drooling. 'Aww she's asleep.' I thought.

Without really thinking about it, I leaned down and kissed spot on her visor between her eyes. Her breathing quickened and her eyes flew open. Her visor displayed an extremely bright blush. She scooted back and an X appeared on her visor.

"I'm sorry! I wasn't thinking! I just really lik- I don't know what came over me! V! I'm sorry!" I tried to defend myself. V crouched down, her hands now exchanged for claws. Her claws were gripping the snow, and her head was low to the ground, like a dog when they wanted to play.

V pounced on me and I thought it was the end. I scrunched my eyes shut, but nothing happened. I slowly opened my eyes and saw her hovering above me. Her arms and legs were on either side of me and her tail flicked around behind her. I looked at her visor, it was her normal eyes. She had a bright blush and her expression looked worried.

"S-sorry. I just got exited. I-I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to repay the favour..." V explained, sounding nervous. I blinked. "Oh." I said with a sigh of relief before deciding to make the best of this situation. "And how did you plan on that? Just hovering over me and looking unfairly beautiful?"

V sat back, basically straddling me. It was hot. V rapidly waved her hands around."W-what!? N-no! I-I'm n-not-" she looked down at me as I held back a laugh. "Oh." V realized. "You're flirting? W-with me?" I laughed, seeing her blush. "Took ya long enough. Yes, I am."

She looked very surprised to say the least. "Well, how're you gonna repay that favour?" I asked again. "Well..." V put her hands beside my head again. She definitely seemed more confident, but still a little uncertain.

"Uzi apparently enjoys it when N bites her, so what is it that you like?" V asked me. I bit my lip. I'd never really thought about this. "I... I don't really know." I said after a minute. V nodded, "Guess we'll just have to try a lot of different things." She said, definitely not sounding innocent.

She hummed, looking thoughtful. "Let's take this scrap back to the tower and try some of those things in my room?" V asked. I felt my visor brighten. "Y-yeah. Sure!" V got off of me and helped me up.

We walked back to the tower and held hands on the way. V seemed submissive about more romantic things, but very dominant when it came to situations that seemed more sexual.

I dropped the bag of scrap and was about to start climbing when V grabbed me and put me on her back. She climbed up to her level in a few seconds. "We'll have to install stairs..." I heard her mumble.

Her room had two beds: one with mostly neat black decor, and the other with a soft yellow plush look. The side of the room with the black bed had a shelf holding several JcJenson branded pens. The pastel yellow side had a shelf with snake plushies.

V walked over to the side with the yellow bed. I stifled a laugh, "Snake plushies?" V's visor brightened and she took a defensive stance. "What!? They're soft and cute!" She sat down on the bed with a huff.

I walked over and sat next to her. "I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that they were cute. But you more so. Maybe you've been developing emotions this whole time, and I just have you a above in the right direction?"

I looked up at V after my rant to see her blushing. I stood on my knees and cupped either side of her face. 'Damn she's tall!' I thought, wishing she were shorter so that this would be easier. I learned forward and kissed her.

Only a few seconds into the kiss, and V flipped me onto my back on the bed. "A-are you about to screw me?" I asked, wondering where this would go. 'W-what!? T-that's not- I just wanted to heal your chest!" V quickly defended herself.

"Oh." I said, feeling very embarrassed. "I would though." V said. She kept telling when she saw the curious look on my face. "Screw you that is. But not right now." I nodded, still feeling very embarrassed

"Take off your shirt so I can heal your chest?" She asked. I nodded and took it off to the best of my ability, as she was straddling me again. V looked away when she saw my chest. "Is something wrong?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Well for one thing, I find this attractive. Should I feel that? For another, that huge welding scar is something I caused." I laughed. " I already told you that it's fine, and yeah. It's okay to feel attracted to someone with their shirt off." I reassured V.

V nodded and scooched further down the bad so her head was hovering above my chest. She licked the scar, and I watched as the welded area rippled away to reveal the once flawless metal.

"Thank you." I said, pulling her down onto me and cuddling her. "Y-yeah. Of course."