Chapter 7

So long my luckless romance, my back is turned on you, should've known you'd bring me heartache... almost lovers always do...

Silverlily had been sent to the nursery with Beekit so she could rest. She had also met a fellow queen, Flowersong.

"Hey, you want me to grab you something?" Flowersong asked Silverlily as she was settling down for a nap.

"Sure," she murmured, tired. Beekit stretched, and padded over to Silverlily, snuggling in between her paws. She purred, and closed her eyes.

Right away, she knew she was dreaming.

Lionsong stood in the Stormclan clearing talking to Voidspirit, who had been one of Silverlily's rivals in Lionsong's affection.

That dirty little- Dreamstalker tapped him on the shoulder with his tail, and led him outside of camp.

"You let her go?" he hissed. "You know how important this prophecy is!"

Lionsong rolled his eyes.

"The twolegs stole her. She was going to die anyways," he retorted.

"Those of you two are very key to this entire plan. If you can't get your paws on them, you will be greatly punished." Dreamstalker growled.

"I'm not the son of a rouge. Besides, will they really believe you?" Lionsong asked.

"I'm the brother of Nightstar, and also the medicine cat of this clan, who has a deep connection with Starclan. Do you think anyone will doubt me?" he asked.

"I'll get the stupid kits," growled Lionsong, turning away. The cats faded away and a voice whispered in Silverlily's ear.

Born of fire and a lion,

They may save you from your your doom

Under an evil rule,

They may turn on you,

Sending you to your nightmarish gloom.

Beware the children born of fire and lion,

For led the wrong way will lead to your doom.

"Thanks, I get the idea," Silverlily muttered as her dream faded.

"What?" said Flowersong's voice. Silverlily opened her eyes to see Flowersong with a vole.

"Thanks," she murmured, not responding to her question.  Swiping her tongue around her mouth, she got up and stretched. Beekit, sensing that his mother had moved, also got up.

"I'm going to go for a walk," she said. Flowersong nodded, and nestled down in her nest.

"Can I come?" Beekit pleaded, giving his mother puppy eyes.

"Okay, you can come," Silverlily laughed.

As soon as she set foot outside of the den, she heard a scream. There was a ginger tom with white tips and green eyes.

"What is your leg?" he shrieked, his question not really making sense.

"Burstpaw, don't be rude!" exclaimed a ginger and brown dappled she-cat. She also had white tips, but had brown eyes.

"But-but Slightpaw, she's-what-why?" he stuttered.

"It's metal!" Beekit squeaked. "It was made by the twolegs so she could walk better!"

Burstpaw seemed quite taken back by Beekit's outburst.

"Beekit, don't be rude!" Silverliy said.

Beekit sniffed, giving the Swiftclan apprentice a hard glare, as if to say, 'This is my mom, and if you mess with her, you get me!'