Chapter 4

Sick of all the insincere, so I'm gonna give all my secrets away...

Silverlily felt sick to her stomach. She was a loyal Stormclan warrior!

"I didn't do anything wrong!" she protested.

Nightstar's penetrating gaze turned on her.

"Your mother I can forgive. She made some mistakes. One of them was the kittypet, and the other one was you," he growled. "Stormclan will remain strong through these difficult times. Lionsong, take her to the edge of our territory,"

Lionsong shoved her a little too hard, and she toppled over. Her legs were barely cooperating, and she couldn't get up.

She looked at Lionsong, who was now staring at her with a cold glare. Anger bubbled up inside her. If no one would help her, then she would. Now more determined than ever, she struggled to her feet, and hobbled out of camp, brushing off Lionsong's guiding tail.

After a few minutes of walking, Lionsong stopped and sat down. Silverlily grunted and sat down on the forest floor.

When Lionsong offered her an apologetic glance, she turned away.

"I'm sorry, I had to put up a face, or else they would've known I still love you," he said. Silverlily caved in instantly.

"I won't be able to go back," she murmured.

"I know, we don't need them. I'll stay in the clans and bring you food, while we have a den on the outskirts of the territory," he meowed reassuringly.

"Okay," Silverlily agreed, too tired to do some deep thinking. She leaned on Lionsong the rest of the way to the edge of the territory. They did some den scouting for a little bit before they found a tree that had been struck down by lightning. He helped her get settled in, and then started to leave.

"I love you, Lionsong," Silverlily murmured. Lionsong gave no reply. He was already running back to camp.

The next few days were a blur for Silverlily. Today especially today she was missing him a lot more.

"You never should've run into that fire!" Lionsong had started one day.

"Run into it?! It started around me!" she had hissed.

"I highly doubt that! Let me guess, you were going after your brain!" Lionsong had growled. Silverlily snarled at him. He lashed out, and she tried to dodge, but he snagged her ear, and it started bleeding.

"I'm not a mouse-brain! I know not to run into fire!" she had shouted back at him.

"Do you? It cost you your looks! Why should I even be your mate, if you aren't beautiful?" he snarled, dropped his mouse in front of her paws, and left.

That was what had hurt Silverlily the most. Did he only care about her looks? Was that the only reason he was her mate? She thought he had loved her, and now...

A sparrow call jerked her out of her thoughts. She queitly continued to munch on the mouse, when pain tore through her. Breathing hard she knew what time it was. Her kits were coming.

She scrambled outside to see if she could find Lionsong, but the tom was no where in sight. Silverlily didn't know where she was going, but what she did know, was that the scent of twolegs was getting stronger, and the spasms were getting harsher, and closer together.

Twolegs! her thoughts screamed, but Silverlily was so worn out, that she was starting to black out. The last thing she saw, was the blurred face of multiple twolegs coming at her fast before she blacked out.