Chapter 6

It was a big big world, but we thought we were bigger, pushing each other to the limits we were learning quicker... once I was seven years old...

"Hello!" Beekit called out, having also scented the approaching cats. Silverlily was surprised that her son's senses were that advanced.

SNAP! a twig snapped ahead, and the patrol approached faster.

"Mouse-dung!" she cursed under her breath.

But out of the long grasses, was not a Stormclan patrol, but a Swiftclan one!

There was a tortoiseshell, brown, and white tom with amber eyes, a blue tabby tom with green eyes, and a smaller golden tabby she-cat with icy blue eyes.

" 'ntruder!" the smaller golden tabby she-cat screeched. She seemed to have a weird accent from someplace different.

"Calm down, Daypaw, why don't you ask her what she's doing here first?" suggested the tortoiseshell tom.

"I can teach my own apprentice, thank you very much, Solarclaw," hissed the blue tabby tom. That's when he saw her.

"What in Starclan's name happened to you?" he exclaimed.

"That's rude, Fishtalon," Solarclaw calmly said, resting his tail tip on the tabby's shoulder.

Fishtalon angrily shrugged him off, and glanced at the kit.

"You have a kit?" he asked.

A growl rumbled in Silverlily's throat.

"Is that a problem?" she asked, pulling Beekit closer to her. He didn't complain.

"N-no, I just thought-" the tom recoiled, realizing what he had implied.

"I am perfectly healthy, healthy enough to have kits," she hissed, flexing her metal leg's claws as if to prove it. She was surprised for a second that she even had claws on that leg, but then again, the twolegs could work miracles.

"Why don't we take you back to camp?" asked Solarclaw, turning to head into the underbrush, presumably back to their camp.

"Solarclaw! We can't just take in random strays!" Fishtalon hissed at him.

"Excuse me? I am Silverlily, the daughter of Swanlight, a Stormclan warrior, no less!" she growled. "I was banished from my clan because I was burned from a fire that started around me. If you think for a second that I am weak, or have no understanding whatsoever it means to be a warrior, then you sir, are wrong in every way,"

Daypaw looked at Silverlily in awe. Fishtalon grumbled something, then fell in step behind her and Daypaw.

"Wow! No one's ever talked to Fishtalon like that! Except for Flarestar, but he's Flarestar, and everyone has to listen to him," meowed Daypaw. She was very talkative, and talked mostly with Beekit the rest of the way to Swiftclan camp.

"Here we are," Solarclaw said from up ahead. Swiftclan camp was in a very grassy area, with lots of rocks in the hills, and a river flowing nearby.

There was an elegant tom that sat atop a smooth, flatish rock. It jutted out of the hillside and the wind was blowing gently in his face, but just enough to make his fur wave in the wind. He was a ginger dappled tom, and his brown eyes seemed to see everything that was happening in camp.

"What's this?" he asked as the patrol approached. He eyes Silverlily up and down, then Beekit.

"I'm Silverlily, a former Stormclan warrior, and this is Beekit, my son," Silverlily said, resting her tail tip on Beekit's head.

Beekit let out a frightened squeak, and ducked behind his mother, peeking out just a tad bit.

"Solarclaw tells me that you wish to join our clan. What do you have to offer?" he asked. Silverlily was a bit surprised. She kind of expected him to be like Nightstar, only taking the strong and fit for warriors.

Silverlily flashed him her bad side of her face.

"I can scare off other cats?" she offered.

Flarestar chuckled.

"I'm an excellent hunter, and I have this," she said, holding up her metal leg.

"Fasinating," murmured the Swiftclan leader. "Welcome to Swiftclan, Silverlily,"