Chapter 25 - Gone

Start from the beginning

As soon as it closed I got up and took the seat next to Henry.  I held his shaking hands.  Forrest took the bag off of his head.  What was the point of the bags if there were no windows in the back?  Maybe so their identities weren't exposed.  Too late for that.

The side of Henry’s face was bruised.  

“What the fuck?” I said to Forrest.  I looked at him and saw he had drawn his own gun.  He didn't trust me.  I wouldn't either.

“He wouldn't shut up,” Forrest shrugged.

“I will kill you,” I growled.

“I have the gun,” he stated.  He seemed bored of the whole situation.  Like he didn't care what happened or what would happen even if it didn't benefit him.  

“You okay?” I asked Henry.  

He just nodded, but he was still shaking.  Just seeing him like that made tears form in my eyes.  

We were headed towards misery and pain.  Henry shouldn't be in that life.  No one should.  Heck, I’d even try to save Jacklin from that hell hole.  No one deserved it.  Especially not Henry.

“Forrest please, let him go,” I begged.  

“I can’t,” he shook his head.

“Please he can’t… he won’t…he’ll die,” My voice cracked as tears fell from my eyes.  “Just take me, please.”

“He’s got plans for him, he’ll kill me if I lose him,” Forrest said looking at me with half-closed green eyes.  

“W-what plans?” I stuttered. 

“Look I can’t, this isn't a negotiation,” Forrest growled. 

I looked away and leaned into Henry.

“I’m so sorry,” I told Henry.

“I-its f-fine,” he stuttered.

The door to the front jerked open.  

“We’re here,” big guy growled.

“You take the kid, I’ll take her,” Forrest said before turning to us.  

He grabbed my arms and easily poked a needle into my vein.

“Why?” I asked, already feeling weary.  

“You think we would trust you awake?” Forrest said before I was out.

~~~

I woke up in a room.  It was a nice room in an old fashioned way.  I tried to get up, but I was locked down.  My wrists and ankles were stretched out and cuffed to the bed posts.  I was on a bed.  Oh no.

I started panicking.  I can’t do this again.  Not fucking again. 

Henry?  The thought crossed my mind suddenly.  Where was Henry?  

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.  I fought against the cuffs and screamed. 

I hate my life.  

The door opened and I jumped going silent.

It was a guy.  Just a random guy wearing a suit.  He didn't look at me as he took off his blazer and unbuttoned his shirt after closing and locking the door.

No.

I screamed and fought against the cuffs again.  This was not happening.  No.

The guy seemed unfazed and stripped completely down.  

He went over to me and jabbed something in my arm.  This was new and I didn't like it.  

I felt my body numb.  I could barely move.  It was like a huge weight sat on top of me.  Even my screams reduced to whispered pleads.