Lucky One | Episode 9

Disclaimer: The story is entirely a work of fiction. The names, characters, and incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or localities is entirely coincidental.  

Note: Everything in fanfiction is fictional and for entertainment purposes----please don't take anything to heart because anything that happens in the story is in the author's imagination. I don't mean to send hate or harm to Seonghwa or ATEEZ-----nor the idols used in the story. The story would include mild swearing, cringe content, and cliche moments---Please read at your risk! Thank you, and I hope you'd enjoy reading it.

~~~

Taehee:

When I asked him why we couldn't hug anymore, Seonghwa stood there, barely moving a muscle, and his gaze fixated on the ground. I walked towards him and lifted his chin, so his eyes could mine; "Well, Are you going to answer my question or what?" I asked.

"Why do you care if we don't hug?" Seonghwa retorted.

"I can explain," I said, but he cut me off.

"No need to because I can't continue our relationship facade to fool your rejected crush," Seonghwa said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I'm getting married to my betrothed after you told me I was a nuisance; I informed my parents, and they decided for me to marry her," Seonghwa yells.

"You're engaged to someone else?" I asked.

"Why? Are you in love with me or something?" Seonghwa asked.

"No, I'm not. Besides, I think it's for the best," I replied.

"I'm not surprised you feel that way; here you go and goodbye," Seonghwa said.

He handed me the food; "You know, I thought we were getting along, but I guess that was my imagination," Seonghwa uttered. Then, without speaking another sentence, he left, and I wanted to chase after him, but my pride was telling me: "NO." I set the food on the counter and headed to my room as I lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling; "Why did I have to tell him that?" I muttered.

My eyes were teary, and I let them fall because I wasn't in the mood to hold them in; then, suddenly, my phone rang, and I checked the caller-id. "What the fuck does Seongsu want from me?" I scoffed in annoyance as I saw Seongsu calling me.

I hung up the call, but he texted me. I read his message; "I know we won't see each other when college resumes on Monday, so I wanted to tell you something! Can we meet?" I read aloud.

"Why?" I replied.

"Please meet me at Emerald View Plaza in an hour," he messaged me. I contemplate for a few minutes, then decide to meet him and see what Seongsu has to say. After that, I headed to the washroom; afterward, I wore comfortable clothes and then met Seongsu.

"그가 날 화나게 하면 진심으로 죽여버릴 거라고 맹세해," I murmured. I decided to walk to the park; it wasn't far from my apartment complex, so I was okay and wanted to get some fresh air.

However, I think the world makes me want to dwell in my loneliness because I kept seeing couples; "Ugh! Aren't you all so lucky?" I muttered with a sarcastic tone.

*

Emerald View Plaza

I saw Seongsu leaning against the railing overlooking the lake's overview; I approached him, then he immediately faced me.

"Thank you for meeting me, Taehee-ah," Seongsu uttered.

"왜 얘기하고 싶어?" I asked.

"Please relax! I'm not going to mock you or anything. But, I wanted to make something clear," Seongsu said.

"Okay, what is it?" I queried.

He took my hand in his; "What the heck is up with him?" I thought.

"정말 그 남자랑 사귄거야?" Seongsu asked.

"You mean Seonghwa!" I replied, then he quickly lets go of my hand, and his facial expression changed.

"Yes, I'm talking about him. Who else?" Seongsu yelled.

"왜 신경쓰세요?" I retorted.

Seongsu didn't say anything but pulled me closer and pressed his lips against mine. I pushed him away immediately and slapped him.

"이봐! 죽고 싶니?" I yelled.

"How could you easily forget me?" Seongsu asserted.

"You rejected me and told me that you don't like it! Are you saying you wanted me to sit and wait for you to change your mind?" I snarled.

"Yes," Seongsu said, pulling me closer to him.

"You know I rejected you because I have heard people talking about how unlucky you were, and I didn't want that to spread to me," He uttered.

"When I saw how he kissed you that day, my feelings changed, and I realized I love you," Seongsu said.

I pushed him away; "넌 미쳤어!" I said and turned around to leave, but I stopped in my tracks when I saw Seonghwa with some girl.

My gaze dropped to the ground, then Seongsu approached me; "Is that your boyfriend?" Seongsu said with somewhat of a mocking tone.

"Leave me alone!" I uttered, then left.

I purposely bumped into Seonghwa's shoulder, making him look up at me. Then, suddenly, I heard him calling after me, but I ignored him and continued walking faster. Finally, he managed to catch up to me and held my hand; "Let go of me!" I uttered.

"Did you bump into me because you saw me with Yunyeong?" Seonghwa asked.

"너 그렇게 망상이야, 박성화?" I asked.

"뭐라고 하셨나요?" Seonghwa asked.

"I'm not repeating myself, so please go back to your fiance!" I replied.

"Hey! Kim Taehee, you better take back what you said about me being delusional," Seonghwa uttered.

"I mean, you are," I replied.

"Oh, maybe you're jealous and won't admit it?" Seonghwa said.

"나는 그녀를 질투하지 않는다," I asserted.

He approached and pulled me closer; our faces were a mere inch apart; I realized how much I had fallen for him during the few weeks we spent together.

"Humph! Why are you staring at my lips?" Seonghwa said, smirking profusely.

"I'm not staring at your lips! You're incredibly delusional," I said.

He didn't say anything and carried me on his shoulder; "이봐! 박성화!" I yelled for him to put me down.

"Hush!" Seonghwa said.

To Be Continued.