Lucky One | Episode 4

Disclaimer: The story is entirely a work of fiction. The names, characters, and incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or localities is entirely coincidental.

Note: Everything in fanfiction is fictional and for entertainment purposes----please don't take anything to heart because anything that happens in the story is in the author's imagination. I don't mean to send hate or harm to Seonghwa or ATEEZ-----nor the idols that might be used in the story. The story would include mild swearing, cringe-content, and cliche moments---Please read at your risk! Thank you, and I hope you'd enjoy reading it.

++

Taehee:

I opened my eyes to see a naked Seonghwa next to me, I would've kicked him off the bed, and then, my mind wandered to yesterday. "Get away from me. You're drunk," I said, pushing him away. However, it resulted in him denying that he wasn't drunk and pushing me against the door; I didn't expect the two of us to do it on our first night together.

I quickly got up and took my clothes on the floor; then, I got dressed. I tapped Seonghwa on the shoulder, but he was still sleeping, so I whispered in his ear. Though it ended with him pulling me next to him and wrapping his arms around my waist, "You know I'd never look at him to see how cute he was," I murmured.

I put his hair on the side to get a clear look at his face unconsciously, I would've leaned in to kiss him, but he opened his eyes. "Why did you stop?" He asked; I scoffed in annoyance and got off the bed, "You know you break the last sentence of the rule," I uttered.

He sat on the bed, looking at me; "You knew yesterday you enjoyed our night; you should've heard your loud moans," He winked at me, "이봐! 박성화, 진심이야," I said. He got off the bed; I turned around, "It's not like you haven't seen everything already," He uttered.

"You're so annoying!" I replied. And then, I felt him walking towards me and turned around to face him immediately; "You know you should pay me because you stole my first kiss and first time," I said. Seonghwa pulls me closer; "You know I think fate is trying to tell us something, so don't complain too much," Seonghwa said, "Humph!" I scoffed.

"I'm serious if I'm pregnant; you're going to take responsibility," I murmured, making him chuckle; "Now, you're the one who's overthinking things, besides I don't think you'll be pregnant because it was your first time," He said, chuckling.

I rolled my eyes and went out of the room; I headed to the bathroom; I looked at myself in the mirror and saw the hickeys he made; "Park Seonghwa!" I yelled. After I've completed my daily routine, I headed downstairs and saw him cooking breakfast; "Taehee-ah, let's eat before you go to work," he said.

"I'll just eat an apple, don't worry," I said. "Okay, have a good day," Seonghwa said; I could tell he's hurt, but it's too awkward, especially what last night. "Oh, before I forget, I'll look for you a job," I said; "No need, I'll go look for one; thank you for your help," Seonghwa uttered, making me nod.

*

I arrived at the hotel, and Mr. Seo stopped me; "Miss Kim, please come to my office," He said with a stern expression. I followed him with many emotions running through my mind; I took a deep breath as he locked the door behind me.

"Miss Kim, I'm not calling you to fire you or anything, so please relax," Mr. Seo said, making me let out a sigh of relief.

"However, I want to inform you about new recruitment; you know Mrs. Park's son! Right?" He said.

"Yeah, I do! What about him?" I asked.

"Well, I received a call from Mrs. Park yesterday informing me to recruit him to work here with us, so I'll assign you to teach him the rules and regulations and also be his mentor," Mr. Seo said.

I can't believe I have to live with him and work; I can't escape him anywhere. However, I couldn't let anyone know that Seonghwa and I live together, or we might be the talk of the town and lose my job.

"Okay, I'd be glad to be his mentor," I uttered.

"By the way, he'll be here around 10:20 a.m; so get ready to meet him," He said.

"I understand," I said, then bowed before leaving Mr. Seo's office. I let out a muffled scream as I made my way to the kitchen and put on my apron. Byeol approaches me with a broad smile on her face; "Have you heard?" she uttered.

"Heard what?" I asked; I was hoping she wouldn't talk about Seonghwa being our new team member because I feel uncomfortable working with him. "Mr. and Mrs. Park's son is joining our team," Byeol said in an enthusiastic tone.

"Yeah, Mr. Seo informed me because I'd be his mentor," I replied. "You don't look too happy!" Byeol uttered, "Oh, I am thrilled," I said with a wide smile. "Okay, but you're so lucky because he is so handsome; I wish I could've been his mentor," Byeol said.

"Okay, Miss Shin stop it with the fangirling and let's get to work," I said, making her nod; "언니 우리가 성화를 기리기 위해 만찬을 해야 하는 거 알지, 서 씨와 이야기하고 그가 동의하는지 확인하자," Byeol said, making me nod.

*

Hours Later

I waited outside with Mr. Seo; also I decided to ask him about what Byeol said; "Mr. Seo, I think it'd be a good idea if we host a dinner party; you know so the other employees would get to know Seonghwa as the recruit to our team," I uttered.

"Yeah, I love that idea; we can have it right here," Mr. Seo replies, then informs me to announce it on our website. Then, a taxi pulled up in front of us; Mr. Seo and I looked at each other and knew it was Seonghwa. He's dressed in a dark suit and looks dashing, "Wow!" I thought.

"안녕하세요, Mr. Seo와 Miss Kim, 저는 박성화입니다. 여기에 오게 되어 영광입니다," Seonghwa said, as he shakes hands with Mr. Seo.

"We're honored to have you, Seonghwa," Mr. Seo said, then looked at me. "I'm Kim Taehee, and I'll be your mentor," I uttered with a smile.

He shakes hands with me, then mouthed; "운명이 우리를 어떻게 하나로 묶는지 믿을 수 없어," he mouthed. "Well, I live you with Miss Kim," Seonghwa mouthed. Also, she'll inform you about something later," Mr. Seo said, making him nod and bow.

*~*

After the final tour, I turned around to ask him if he had any questions, but he pushed me against the wall; "Why are you pretending not to know me?" Seonghwa asked. "I'm not pretending; I don't want people to know you know that we live together," I whispered in his ear.

"Are you embarrassed by me?" He asked. I wasn't embarrassed by him or anything, I don't want people to know, so I remain quiet; "나는 당신의 대답을 얻었습니다—걱정하지 마십시오. 당신을 괴롭히지 않을 것입니다," He said.

"Thank you for the tour," Seonghwa uttered, then walked away from me. I want to follow him, but my pride tells me, "No!" So I decided to follow him nonetheless; I stopped him from getting into the taxi; "Hey! Don't you think you're being dramatic?" I said.

"Wow, I'm being dramatic!" Seonghwa scoffed. "Let's talk about this at home," I uttered, then we both got in the taxi.

*

Seonghwa unlocks the door and slams the door in Taehee's face; "Seonghwa, can you

please let me explain?" She said.

"Go on ahead!" He replies without looking at her. "I don't want people to know that we live together because we might be, you know, the talk of the office, and also I might end up losing my job," Taehee said.

"So you think I'm going to bring chaos or drama in your life?" Seonghwa queried.

To Be Continued.