Convocation

Hank POV

I opened my eyes and found myself in a dark room. The only source of light was a candle in the middle of the room.

Wank: welcome back.

Wank walked out of the shadows and stepped into the light. His face was covered but I could hear that he's pleased.

H: you seem happy today.

Wank: is it that obvious? You finally started to do real jobs again. You didn't kill anyone but that's a huge improvement from doing nothing.

H: you gonna annoy me about the job again?

Wank: no. You're back on track towards completing it. Why would I tell you what you have to do? That would spoil the fun.

H: I don't like you. But I don't get it! We're the same person but the employers only told you about the mission. Shouldn't we share a mind?

Wank: I'm still you but seeing me as your best friend would be more fitting.

H: well I guess I don't care... as long as I get to kill stuff then the mission won't be a problem. I'll just do jobs for now until the mission reveals itself.

Wank: that's a wonderful idea!

H: you told me once that you can see the future... guess it won't be that bright huh?

Wank: there will be a Happy End for you. But more I won't tell. That would spoil the fun.

H: sometimes you're rational and sometimes you're really crazy. Can't decide on a personality?

Wank: you're sort of talking to yourself... so you shouldn't judge me.

H: guess that's true.

Wank: Ever get the feeling that you're not alone in the room? You're not.

H: what do you mean? This is literally an abyss and it's just us.

Wank: when you wake up you'll know what I mean.

He walked back in the shadows and the candle lost its flame.

I woke up and looked around my room but noticed that one yellow glowing eye was staring at me. I was tied to the bed.

Damn it! Wank could have warned me.

Alchemist: rise and shine, Mr. Killing Machine. Rise and shine.

H: sleeping is overrated anyway.

I broke free from my binds and Alchemist moved back in shock.

Alchemist: How? I tied you up pretty tightly.

H: nanomachines son! Nah... years of rigorous training does that to you.

I now sat on my bed and stared at Alchemist.

Alchemist: shouldn't you be hostile towards me?

H: perhaps. But you could have killed me in my sleep or you could have rigged the room with explosives... but you just decided to watch me.

Alchemist: true and I wanted to talk to you.

H: then start speaking before I decide to just kill you instead.

Alchemist: you told me that you were there... at the butterfly incident... and no human survived but only one corpse was never discovered.

H: and I should care?

Alchemist: that means that you're the guy I shoved into project improbability... you're our commander aren't you? You survived but how?

H: let's just say I always come back.