Chapter Eleven

A few days had passed before Lyra had gotten word from Emily that she and the pack planned to come to Lyra's manor

A few days had passed before Lyra had gotten word from Emily that she and the pack planned to come to Lyra's manor. After getting dressed, Lyra went downstairs to talk to her father and uncle.

"Please don't say anything to scare them or make them think I'm dangerous." She said, causing the portraits to laugh.

After talking to the portraits for a bit, Lyra left the room and went to where she heard her puppies. The puppies always seemed to follow her and Ducky around, so Lyra wasn't surprised when she seen the three pups watching Ducky make pancakes. Lyra simply grabbed their food bowls and poured food into the bowls. The pups heard the food being poured, causing them to quickly turn towards Lyra and run over. While feeding the pups, Lyra heard a knock on the front door.

"Ducky, would you answer the door please?" Lyra asked, causing Ducky to quickly stop what she was doing and run towards the door.

"Hello." Ducky said, as she opened the door.

Emily, Sam, and Jared said hello to Ducky, but Paul had jumped back frightened. He calmed down a moment later though, pretending the incident never happened, and waved at the house elf.

"Sorry, Ducky did not mean to scare Mistress Lyra's friend. Come in, Ducky is making breakfast." Ducky stated, letting the four into the house.

Lyra laughed when she seen the look of freight on Jared and Paul's faces when they seen the moving pictures, as well as the moving plates, glasses, and other kitchen stuff. They had been shocked to see all the things moving without anyone putting their hands on the objects.

"You can sit at the table. I will show you some of the things around the manor once we're finished eating breakfast." Lyra said, and the others nodded.

Lyra ate breakfast with the pack, before she walked them around her manor. She showed them different rooms in the manor, which had been completely different from the rooms anyone would see in muggle homes, especially in America. She then decided to bring them to the room where the talking portraits were.

"Dad, Uncle Reggie, these are my friends; Sam Uley, Emily Young, Paul Lahote, and Jared Cameron." Lyra stated, as she smiled slightly at her uncle and father.

"Nice to meet you all." Regulus murmured, nodding his head slightly.

"Don't mind him, my little brother is a twat. Luckily my daughter is more like me, and less like him." Sirius joked, causing the others to chuckle.

"So, how does this work? Do you remember everything from when you were alive, or are you told everything when you become a portrait?" Emily asked, looking between Regulus and Sirius.

"We remember everything, and anything we're told, we will remember as well." Regulus replied, and Emily nodded slightly.

"How do you even become a talking portrait?" Paul asked,"I've seen paintings and stuff before, but I never thought they'd ever be able to talk." He commented, looking at the portraits with wonder.

"A portrait is painted by a talented witch or wizard, and I've been told a spell is casted to give the painting life. Problem is, only one portrait can be painted, if the portrait is damaged, ruined, or destroyed, they can't be remade." Sirius said, causing Lyra to frown.

She refused to let anything happen to the two portraits, so she always had special charms on the paintings to keep them from being damaged.

"D-do you sleep?" Jared asked, though he felt a little silly asking such a question.

"Yes, we do. We can also travel between portraits. We do not eat or drink though, so Lyra doesn't have to worry about starving us." Regulus joked, and Lyra rolled her eyes playfully.

"I've asked Lyra before, but is there a reason for us to worry about something from your world coming into ours to harm our people?" Sam asked, causing Sirius and Regulus to go quiet for a moment.

"Lyra can protect herself, and she is a very talented witch. I can say I'm almost certain that she could protect the people if something was to come. Since Lyra has taken so many precautions, I'd say you and your people really have no reason to worry." Regulus replied, and Sirius nodded in agreement.

"Lyra was in danger at home, and coming here has made her safe. I understand you worry about your people, but Lyra is my whole world. If coming here keeps her safe, even at other's expense, than so be it, but I don't think anything will happen. Lyra is very cautious and she knows what she's doing, so there's less of a chance of something happen because of her here. She's wise, way above her own years, so don't doubt her, and don't put blame on her for your worries." Sirius stated, completely defending his daughter.

Sirius didn't think Sam meant anything by it, but he also wasn't completely sure. He was going to protect his daughter though, even if it was from her friends. Sam seemed to be a judgy person, at least in Sirius's opinion, but he didn't want to cause problems between Lyra and her friends.

"I didn't mean anything by it, Mr. Black. I was just wondering what we could face if something was to happen. Lyra is our friend, and we would stand behind her to help her if she needed, as well as to protect our people." Sam said, and Sirius simply nodded.

Sirius felt as though Sam was somewhat lying. He wasn't sure, but Sam's words didn't ease his anxiety. Sam seemed like the type of person to put the blame on someone and push them away, but Sirius couldn't be too sure.

"I think I'm going to show them some of our foods and drinks that are different from their world." Lyra commented, deciding to try and diminish the tension.

"Definitely butterbeer." Sirius replied, and Lyra nodded quickly.

"That'll be the best one. I'll talk to you both later." She said, before leading her friends away.

The tension was strong, but Lyra was sure that the pack realized now that Lyra wasn't someone they should threaten. She was strong, but she had strong family to have her back when she needed them...

×××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I don't want to rush this story, but I have ideas for later on that I already want to post so bad. I'm sorry for not updating often, but I've been working on my Marvel stories recently. Go check them out if you like the MCU squad.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx