[seven]

After putting the burn ointment on her arm, Willow stayed in the car while Adrian went into the house to check on Chris. Thinking to herself, she realized that she cared for Adrian. She already knew that she liked him the moment she pretended to be his girlfriend in the alleyway. But she genuinely cared for his well-being. He wasn't a total ass like most men that she had encountered in her life. He wasn't focused on her chest when she removed her shirt. She snaps out of her thoughts when she hears Chris yelling at the neighbor. He walks back to the car when the neighbor mentions his dad getting arrested.

As they drove down the road, Chris called Murn. "What the fuck Murn. The only way to get the cops off our tail was to frame my dad for what I did?" He continues to yell at Murn. When all three of them get to the police station, Adebayo pulls up in her car and tries to reason with Chris. The three sit down and talk when he goes in to talk to his dad.

"You think they'll arrest Peacemaker in there."

" I hope not. He's bogged down by his old man. Chris is. He's a good man...like you."

"You think I'm a good man?" Adrian sounded surprised.

"Yeah. I can tell."

Willow rested her hand on his shoulder." Why wouldn't you be?"

"But his father? I'd say he's one of the worst people to ever set foot on this planet. Now, Chris... he has a big heart, so he wants to find something to love there, but there's... there is nothing to love inside of that man. And it...kills me...cause I don't think Chris is ever gonna be happy as long as his father is around. And I just wish there was some way he would just...go away."

"I gotta go do something." He gets up and walks to the back of the police station.

"Adrian." He stops and turns around to see Willow jogging up to him. "What are you about to do?" All he does is hand her the keys to his car.

" Take my car and go home, Willow. I'll see you later. I promise." She takes the keys and kisses him on the cheek.

"Be careful, okay." He nods, and they both go their separate ways. Willow goes home to get some rest while Adrian gets his ass arrested.

*Later that night*

Willow grunts when someone knocks on her apartment door. "Fuck off." The knocking continues. "Son of bitch. I swear to god..." She opens the front door, and her irritability turns to concern as soon as she sees Adrian standing there. " Can I come in?" She lets him in and guides him to the couch. " You want to talk about it?" All the man did was shrug his shoulders.

" I think I might have made things worse." Knowing how he felt, Willow opens her arms to comfort him. "It's gonna be okay, sweetheart. I know how you feel." They fall asleep on her couch, Willow's hands entwined into Adrian's hair.