Chapter 9

By now, everyone should know that I don't own anything but the plot. Which is not all that different from the plot in the books, so, I own nothing.

Harry pov

After the incident in flying class, it had been postponed to the same time today. This time there were no real issues. Sure the brooms were a bit rickety. They were fairly old. Maybe I can convince someone on that side of the family to donate. After the class, Hermione decided to do some research on the subject during her free time.

"Harry, I found something you need to know!" I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. My fork was half-way to my mouth with delicious blue mashed potatoes on it. Hermione then blushed as she realized that everyone else was eating. I caught a few other students give me strange looks.

"Can't someone eat their food in peace?" Several students looked away. Hermione then started talking again.

"I looked through Hogwarts seekers. Did you know that your father was a seeker?"

"I will assume you mean my birth father, as I know that Dad did not go to Hogwarts. No, I did not know. However, I never thought to ask either."

"I find it rather fascinating."

She kept going on the way back to the Common Room. Even Ron was starting to get tired of it, "it's creepy. She knows more about you than you do."

"No, she doesn't." The staircase then started moving. Simply put we ended up on the out of bounds corridor. When we were about to leave, Mrs. Norris, Filch's cat found us. We ran until we came to a door.

"It's locked!"

"Oh, move over. Alohamora." With the door now unlocked, we ducked in. I turned around and stared at what was in front of me.

"I think he's gone. Saved by a locked door."

"It was locked."

"And for good reason," in front of me was a three-headed dog. It looked like Dad's description of Cerberus, but smaller. Like a puppy. It woke up. Ron and Hermione started freaking out. Thinking quickly, I got three scraps of parchment and transfigured them into three large rubber balls. Ron and Hermione probably thought I was crazy. I then started to play with the dog.

After a decent game of fetch with each head, I left the dog with the balls. Once we were back in our dorms, did we talk.

"What were they thinking? Keeping a thing like that in a school."

"It wasn't too bad."

"You are crazy."

"No, my parents got into a similar situation once. They pulled the same trick."

"None of you use your eyes, do you." What was she talking about? "It was standing on a trap door. It's guarding something." I shrugged, "you do know that that type of dog is meant to guard things. In Greek mythology, Hades had one named Cerberus, who guarded the underworld. That honestly is no surprise, as they are usually dedicated to the task. That is most likely why the headmaster said that the 3rd floor corridor is off limits. So, no students overstep boundaries, and end up in the hospital wing."

"Well, I'm going to bed. Before either of you come up with something that will get us killed, or worse expelled." Hermione turned to the girls' dorms as I said that I would never try to find trouble.

"She needs to sort out her priorities." Ron stated. I only shrugged, as Mom has those same priorities sometimes. Then I went to bed.

Annabeth pov

I sighed as I went through my students' homework. It seems that the Wizarding World had no idea what things were like in the Muggle World. It was through sheer dumb luck that they had not been discovered. This just goes to show how good the Immortal World was hiding, from both sides of the Mortal World. I then decided to pull a Percy, and slammed my head to the desk in frustration.

"I'm afraid to ask." Percy stated as he glanced at me. I groaned, "half of these students have no idea what a landline is. Let alone what a TV is." I heard him grimace.

"I guess the lesson plan is severely outdated." I snorted. I turned my head to face him with my cheek still on the table.

"How are your classes, Seaweed Brain?" I asked innocently. Percy took a long deep breath to calm himself, so as to not explode something.

"That bad, huh?"

"Some of these kids have never gone above the speed of a leisure stroll in their life." I winced. I knew he would have the harder job. Sure their sport did require keeping in shape a little bit, but that was nothing to American sports. Of course, American sports were nothing compared to what demigods had to do to survive. As I was lost in thought, I heard a knock at the entrance to our chambers. Both of us tensed up.

"Mom, Dad, I need to talk to you." Oh, it was Harry.

"The password is at the bottom of the tapestry." I said. I could sense that he wanted to talk to his parents rather than his teachers. A pause then Harry said, "Drama Queen." The door swung open to reveal our son in all but blood.

"Did you have to write it out without really writing it out?"

"Yes, now what do you need?" Harry sighed, coming in fully. The door shut after him. He sat on the couch next to Percy.

"First up, why is a mini Cerberus in the forbidden hallway?" Both me and my husband sighed heavily.

"Should we tell him?"

"He'll figure it out sooner or later. We are lucky that he didn't keep this from us to deal with alone." I could tell that Percy would not be able to handle that.

"Okay, so the reason that puppy is there is to guard the entrance to a series of traps that guard a stone that can grant pseudo immortality."

"It is called the sorcerer's stone." I said, shaking my head, "but, yeah that sums it up. Due to the Ancient Laws, we can't do anything about this, so don't bother coming to us."

"What was the second thing?"

"Mom, is there a chance that Draco Malfoy is related to you?"

"Not that I know of, why?"

"He's a jerk that tries to get anyone who doesn't grovel at his feet in trouble." Now I know who to watch out for.

"Anything else?"

"No, that about sums it up." Harry then left with a tired wave back to the Gryffindor dorms. I changed into pjs before jumping into bed.

"That Malfoy kid is a wimp." Percy thought out loud.

I noticed some of you getting antsy about chapter updates. I tend to be really inconsistent about these things. How about a simple challenge? If any of you notice any grammar or spelling errors, let me know in the comments. It is embarassing when your younger brother points it out right after it is published. I'm not perfect, so if you spot any, let me know.

-Museo7